The Zone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

Reaction score
As I'm about to fire up a large bowl of Marlin Flake I am anticipating my arrival in the "Zone".It's that oh so right point a little after 1/3 of the tobacco is burned and all the nuances and flavors reach a crescendo and stay there for some time.When the Va.'s are the sweetest and contentment is at it's highest.
Anyone care to share about the "zone"?

Winslow

My zone is when it all comes together and a kind of peace falls over my world

Its when the pipe ,tobacco,weather all come together and it is a most peacfull feeling

How would you like to be in the zone from the minute the flame first hits the leaf until there is nothing but a fine gray ash in the bottom of the bowl?

It can happen! :D :D :D

walnut2.jpg

I've found that a properly made and aged tobacco will open up quicker and stay in that very tasty place until the end of the bowl. I'll smoke from a year-old tin of Abingdon and hit that spot almost immediately, whereas as I almost have to use a small bowl for my Cope's Escudo from the 1980s -- it's TOO savory and concentrated to smoke in a big chamber.

Oh man- you're talking about one of my favorite moments in the day. The zone smoke. Yep- Marlin Flake is good for that.

I think my favorite "zone tobacco" is Haddo's Delight. It's an extraordinarily complex blend and one of my all time favorite smokes. Just the right everything in that one for me, in fact I think it's my desert island blend.

Ian Minton":crox0p3b said:
Oh man- you're talking about one of my favorite moments in the day. The zone smoke. Yep- Marlin Flake is good for that.

I think my favorite "zone tobacco" is Haddo's Delight. It's an extraordinarily complex blend and one of my all time favorite smokes. Just the right everything in that one for me, in fact I think it's my desert island blend.
Couldn't agree more. This is particularly true when it has a wee bit of age on it. Great stuff :!: