There's a first time for everything !!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
This past weekend my life has taken a DRASTIC turn!! Saturday evening I was in a car accident with my attorney friend from Dallas here in the rain in Arlington !! We were T- Boned at a stop sign by a bubba in his 4x4 pick-up. He hit us on the passenger side at the rear door but due to th rain and wet road and his mud tires the back part of the truck spun into my door. My friend likes Mercedes Benz's and we were in his 2009 500SE which is probably why we both survived!! All the airbags went off and I'm sure were responsible for my being alive but I still ended up with two broken ribs and a broken tibia in my right leg!! They kept me at the hospital till late Sunday afternoon and I'm home now with my "girdle" all strapped around me and from my knee down a plaster cast !! My friend had some cuts as did I on our faces from the broken glass but amazingly, he was able to open his door and get out of the car and with some force the firemen were able to swing my door open as well do get me out!! Sadly, this kind of safety in a car costs over $90,000.00 to buy !! And the bubba's gonna get a real surprise when he gets the bill from his insurance firm for a new MB 500 SE !! He just thought he had an expensive ride with his 30k pick em up !!  And since my friend is an attorney he'll get his new MB !! My ex wife brought me home and I get my first visit from a home care nurse tomorrow. I'm goung to call Meals On Wheels tomorrow to set that up as I'm gonna be strapped up and in this cast for at least 6 weeks or more !!  My ex lives about a mile and a half from me and is going to help me with my mother as I won't be able to drive till I'm out of all this goop !! Let me tell ya, walking with crutches and two broken ribs is no fun !! And it's a real trip sitting on the pot !! When you can move freely you don't think about much that you do till you are hindered in doing it !! This is the first time in my life that I've had anything broken, bone wise and it is not really all that pleasant! But as always, Onward thru the Fog ! :twisted: :twisted:

Glad that it wasn't any worse. Just hope you heal quickly Michael.

Ah, quite your whining already and suck it up old man. If you'd been in an American made Pick'em up truck
neither one of ya's would have gotten hurt instead of that Nazi car.  

Wish you well my friend and hope ya get better soon..........don't know how much more whining from ya we can stand.

Oh! and remember to wear your "Life Alert" if ya fall down.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_iZWFEFwgBw" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Cartaphilus":vsm3cwax said:
Ah, quite your whining already and suck it up old man. If you'd been in an American made Pick'em up truck
neither one of ya's would have gotten hurt instead of that Nazi car.  

Wish you well my friend and hope ya get better soon..........don't know how much more whining from ya we can stand.

Oh! and remember to wear your "Life Alert" if ya fall down.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_iZWFEFwgBw" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
If I'd been in that PU you mentioned I'd be DEAD !! Bubba has multiple concussions and cause he wasn't wearing his shoulder/seat belt ( aint NOBODY gonna tell ME how to drive my truck ) he went thru the windshield which DID NOT pop out like it was supposed to !! But he was driving an all amurican made GM so what else would you expect. He's STILL in the hospital !! But then as they say "... ya pays ya money, ya takes ya chances " :twisted: :twisted: I'll take the Nazi car in a crash any day !! :twisted: :twisted:

The word "SEATBELTS" is the key here my friend.
But, all kidding aside, get well soon, and no mo whining okay! Luv Ya!

Michael, truly sorry you're having to go through this my friend! Go slow and give yourself time to heal. The fellow that hit me years ago spent 6 months in hospital. Sorry but a GMC just isn't a match for a John Deere or a Mercedes apparently.

Wish you a speedy recovery
Jim

Hope you get to feeling better soon Michael! As long as you still have one good arm, and everything is working properly from the neck up, you can still smoke a pipe, and that is what counts, so stay positive! ;)

Ouch! I hate when stuff like that happens. Nothing worse than having your style cramped. Hope no pipes were damaged.

I'm glad to hear both of you made it through in one piece. Lots of idiots on the road
Now you've got the summer to mend.
Good of your ex to lend a hand.