THEY wouldn't do it...so I did it myself!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch":v6ggquay said:
Great job Blackhorse! You should have went ahead and rusticated the Boswell's nonmenclature as well! :lol!:
Aye. That's what I would have done.

Well, I didn't for a specific reason I guess. Knowing it would be too big for personal use I left the original makers name intact as it speaks to the quality of the Briar and the engineering. And once the nomenclature is gone it's a 'no name'. So...the future owner would have at least that level of documentation as to what he had in hand.

Blackhorse":n3nuii2s said:
Well, I didn't for a specific reason I guess. Knowing it would be too big for personal use I left the original makers name intact as it speaks to the quality of the Briar and the engineering. And once the nomenclature is gone it's a 'no name'. So...the future owner would have at least that level of documentation as to what he had in hand.
Wise decision, 'no name' pipes will never gather interest in re-sale that a pipe with its original nomenclature will gather, shame you don't feel comfortable using it, it's a lovely pipe, but if it's too big then it's too big at the end of the day. :)