thing that make you go HMMMM

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
Last night/this morning while reading posts on pipe cleaning and pipe cleaners I figured it would be a good time to clean mine. I decided to use bacardi 151 to do the cleaning,and while doing so I wondered "what would happin if I soaked some baccy in some of it? ". So with an extra snuff can I had I poured some rum and mixed it with the baccy and put the top back on.

This morning after waking up I mixed it up a bit and let it set for a couple hours with the lid off so some of the alcohol would evaporate (who wants to light 151 that close to their face? ) well I used my medico pipe for 2 reasons,it was cheap,and it has a filter. and packed a 1/2 bowl just to try. IT WAS WONDERFUL ! sweet,with a slight punch and you could taste the rum flavor. It was a bit wet so I am leaving it uncapped for awhile to dry out a little.

I used what I mixed up as far as tobbacos,black and gold cavendish,burly,and some light virginia tobacco. mostly black and gold cavendish.

"who wants to light 151 that close to their face?"

You never did flaming shots in college? I've seen more than a few beards and mustaches melt off the faces of uncomprehending drunk friends! :affraid:

Natch

GCook":kfp2gtrj said:
....so distracted, I forgot to ask the tobacco you used.
He put that down on the bottom line of his post. I had to go back and read it too.

you might as well go ahead and get a "spritzing" spray bottle so that you can start re-hydrating you baccy with different alcohols.

Natch":6qr75urz said:
"who wants to light 151 that close to their face?"

You never did flaming shots in college? I've seen more than a few beards and mustaches melt off the faces of uncomprehending drunk friends! :affraid:

Natch
I only went to College to study the art of partying,female anatomy and sex ed., allow me to explain. I lived 30 minutes from JMU,and UVA plus there is an all girls college by the name of Mary Baldwin 15 minutes away. I never went to college as a student,but I did spend alot of time at all 3 doing the things listed above. That being said I learned early that flames are even more dangerous when drinking. A friend invented a drink that had ,goldslager,avelanch,aftershock and some homemade stuff. he called it flaming dragon venom for a very good reason. The flame was dang near invisable and if you drank more than one you would swear you was poisoned. Ithe first time I had it he failed to tell me he lit it and I didn't look for a flame, I got burnt more ways than 1 with that drink.

on the tobaccos there was admirals choice,Sir walter raleigh,half and half, captain black,capatain black royal ,and captain black gold, & borkum riff cherry, all mixed up.

I bought a 50ml bottle of Bacardi's rum and collected some specimens to experiment with.

My Science Project: The Rehydration and Infusion of Sundry Baccys with White Rum

Now stewing: P&C's Marble Kake (1 bar), GLP's Montgomery (~ 2 bowls), P&W #196 (~ 3 bowls) and Exclusiv Royal, a German biter, an unfortunate closeout purchase, crispy now (1/2 tin). I considered some dried out Penzance, but there are some delicate souls out there who might correctly think I was making hamburger out of sacred cows. Next time.

My gratitude to the OP for the inspiration.

GCook":dbxf85vi said:
I bought a 50ml bottle of Bacardi's rum and collected some specimens to experiment with.

My Science Project: The Rehydration and Infusion of Sundry Baccys with White Rum

Now stewing: P&C's Marble Kake (1 bar), GLP's Montgomery (~ 2 bowls), P&W #196 (~ 3 bowls) and Exclusiv Royal, a German biter, an unfortunate closeout purchase, crispy now (1/2 tin). I considered some dried out Penzance, but there are some delicate souls out there who might correctly think I was making hamburger out of sacred cows. Next time.

My gratitude to the OP for the inspiration.
Funny that you posted this, I just done some more with wild turkey 101. Next time it will be Cuervo1800