Things have hit the fan

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huffelpuff

Reaction score
So the last two months have been really tough even by my standards. As most of you know my 16yo daughter has a kidney transplant. Well it looks like she may be losing it after only 2 years. Then we found out my 13yo son has a heart condition. PSVT. They have him on beta blockers and are talking about surgery to destroy the part of his heart that's allowing it to short circuit. Then the wife ended up in the ER with a fever of 105. Kidney infection. She was put on antibiotics and sent home. She went back the next day feeling worse. The antibiotics had done nothing and she was nearly septic as the infection had spread to her blood. Different antibiotics this time 3 day in hospital. She went home with a you can return to work with no restrictions but you need oxygen. Her boss said nope no way emergency leave. So she was home 2 days this time and started running a fever of 103 and was having trouble breathing. Back to ER, where they told her they thought it was mild heart failure. Sorry but putting mild in front of that doesn't make it better. Her Dr thus morning said no way it's not heart failure. So echo cardiogram and renal ct scan. Yes she has a small hole between the atrea of her heart but they don't see that as an issue. However the ct scan turned up a UPJ obstruction in her kidney. So surgery first thing tomorrow morning. Meanwhile I'm stuck in Denver with the 16yo in the hospital. The car we had hit an elk 6months ago finally died. And my wife hasn't been working long enough to qualify for paid time off yet so two weeks pay just went out the window. Just thought I'd have a little rant and of course keep you fellas that know me up to date. Of course those of you that know me know my take of these things is to keep my head down and plow on. Hopefully you guys are having a better run of luck. Sweet smokesto you all.

Jim

Stay strong brother, this to shall pass. I'll be remembering you and yours in my prayers.

Keep your head up brother. You have all my thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

You and your family are in our prayers Jim.
I once heard that it isn't how hard you can hit but,
how hard you can be hit and be left standing. ;)

Yes this to shall pass. You and your family are in my prayers

We're thinking about you guys down here Philly. I assume you guys are in Children's Hospital?

I can't image what this must feel like. All I can provide...

724031817_1099900.gif

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

Dave, yes she's at Children's Hospital in Denver. One of the best in the country so she's in good hands.

Wife's surgery went well and hopefully a full recovery is in the works.

Again thank you all for your support!

Jim

Kinda nice to have a bunch of knuckleheads like us pullin' for ya, ain't it? :) Hang in there, Huff.

8)

Damn! When it rains it pours. Sounds like you're flooded. Hang in as best you can and good luck. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Best you can do is try and ride all this out. I certainly feel for you and yours. Will put as much positive energy as possible out there for ya !! :) :)

praying Huff, do you have good medical insurance? Missed income has got to be hard

rev

Really appreciate all the prayers brothers.

Rev. yeah we really lucked out on the insurance. It kicked in on the first and all this stuff with the Mrs. started on the 5th. She's got great insurance the deductible is 800 but they cover 90%. (She works at the hospital she's at). The lost wages really burns but honestly that's the least of my worries at the moment. I've been in tighter spots, just hoped I was done with that kind of stress. As far as Katie goes ESRD is one of the diseases the federal government takes on full force because it so damned expensive that insurance companies wont touch it at all. The hard part is all the extra expenses that comes from having to B in the hospital with her. They don't cover food or travel expenses which add up fast.