Thinking about getting a butler

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jers

Reaction score
Household tasks have become something of a chore lately. Do any of you chaps have butlers?

So long as he can mix a good martini.......

Fraternally

Jers

You mean you don't have one? Who manages the staff? Cook, kitchen helper, maids, chauffeur, gardeners, my 'finance person/social manager' who manages the bill paying, taxes, salaries, and other paperwork. Your life must be constant tedium!

Jers":ia93vsb5 said:
Household tasks have become something of a chore lately. Do any of you chaps have butlers?

So long as he can mix a good martini.......

Fraternally

Jers
I'm not sure butlers are as common here in the states, at least not in my neck of the woods. In fact, I've never met anyone who had one. I've watched enough Downton Abbey though to think it might be nice to have one, but on the other hand, I think it would be a privacy issue for me. I could see someone coming in to clean up, that would be nice, but I wouldn't want to have someone around all day.

A good cook would precede my acquiring a butler. Then a chauffeur. Then someone to clean my pipes for me. I had a rare female who could really cook but had to dump her. The girls today cook about as well as I do neurosurgery. Speaking in general terms, of course. I can cook OK, but it's such a pain in the ass.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DakEzMUmT1U" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x5iwW8Ar1MM" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rabbit:  :rabbit:  :rabbit: 

EVERYBODY needs a butler or two !! :twisted:  I have three, morning butler, lunch butler and dinner butler! Now if they'd just show up for work!! :twisted: :twisted: 

I have a butler. I call her Honey. Married her over 41 years ago and her loyalty is unequaled. She looks after everything I own and treats me like a king. :king: 

AJ

ajn27511":y42ooyay said:
I have a butler. I call her Honey. Married her over 41 years ago and her loyalty is unequaled. She looks after everything I own and treats me like a king. :king: 

AJ
I've been married 40 years plus. I don't think my choice was as good as yours, and I think it is too late to trade her in!

ajn27511":sr8yjiyz said:

AJ
Same here, mine has been at my service for 33 years.

belved10.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys. I've pitched the idea to Mrs Jers, she has control of the family fortune, and unfortunately she has said 'absolutely not'.......unless I think we can do without one of the French maids.

Choices, choices........

Fraternally

Jers

Don't we all Buddy, well then what you need is a traditional English Gentleman's Gentleman, they are essentially Private Assistants for the Home and they perform all 'acceptable' tasks around the home. Not so sure many folk could afford to pay their Salary mind you, they earn more than most high profile Businessmen but then they are usually appointed by the upper class in England and you must appoint one through the proper channels. There is a delightful British Situation Comedy depicting such folk, it is called Jeeves & Wooster, although a comedy programme which stretches the realities somewhat it still none the less portrays the Gentleman's Gentleman rather well, excluding the errant Brinkley character of course. :lol: 

bosun1":mzc3ji8n said:
ajn27511":mzc3ji8n said:

AJ
I've been married 40 years plus.  I don't think my choice was as good as yours, and I think it is too late to trade her in!

We all have our crosses to bear. :lol!:  Seriously it' an easy problem to fix. Every night turn on some romantic music, turn the lights down low, both of you sit closely together on the sofa, nibble on her ear a little bit, and tell her how much you love her. Then proceed take care of business. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much she'll be doing for you and you won't even have to ask. Tell a woman you love her, show a woman you love her and she'll bend over backward to please you. Nothing new about this. I'm kinda surprised you've been married for over 40 years and haven't figured this out by now. If she shows some resistance just do what you did to get her to say yes in the beginning. Turn on the charm and be consistent. Don't give up till she's putty in your hands. :) 

AJ

ajn27511":7t9v5gq4 said:
bosun1":7t9v5gq4 said:
ajn27511":7t9v5gq4 said:

AJ
I've been married 40 years plus.  I don't think my choice was as good as yours, and I think it is too late to trade her in!
We all have our crosses to bear. :lol!:  Seriously it' an easy problem to fix. Every night turn on some romantic music, turn the lights down low, both of you sit closely together on the sofa, nibble on her ear a little bit, and tell her how much you love her. Then proceed take care of business. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much she'll be doing for you and you won't even have to ask. Tell a woman you love her, show a woman you love her and she'll bend over backward to please you. Nothing new about this. I'm kinda surprised you've been married for over 40 years and haven't figured this out by now. If she shows some resistance just do what you did to get her to say yes in the beginning. Turn on the charm and be consistent. Don't give up till she's putty in your hands. :) 

AJ
She's too busy watching baseball and football right now (g)!

bosun1":i5bwlqo2 said:
ajn27511":i5bwlqo2 said:
bosun1":i5bwlqo2 said:
ajn27511":i5bwlqo2 said:

AJ
We all have our crosses to bear. :lol!:  Seriously it' an easy problem to fix. Every night turn on some romantic music, turn the lights down low, both of you sit closely together on the sofa, nibble on her ear a little bit, and tell her how much you love her. Then proceed take care of business. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much she'll be doing for you and you won't even have to ask. Tell a woman you love her, show a woman you love her and she'll bend over backward to please you.  Nothing new about this. I'm kinda surprised you've been married for over 40 years and haven't figured this out by now. If she shows some resistance just do what you did to get her to say yes in the beginning. Turn on the charm and be consistent. Don't give up till she's putty in your hands. :) 

AJ
She's too busy watching baseball and football right now (g)!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

AJ

Idlefellow":e5v4r2jg said:
If I can't have Jeeves I don't want one :evil: !
:lol: :lol: :lol: 

So true ... who wouldn't love having a problem solver like that around.

Though I reckon I'de take Stephen Fry in a pinch! :p 

:face: