Thinking about going to a fountain pen show

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

Reaction score
I’m am seriously pondering the idea of attending a pen show this year.littlerock is in March but the Indy pen persons will not be there. Early May is Chicago and stlouis is in Late june. i was thinking maybe smoke a pipe hit a campground and relax a couple days.i know there’s a couple guys in the general area.

I’m also fixing to start looking for campgrounds in the ozarks to do some camping and fishin hopefully. Anyone have any yays or nays on this subjet.

I live in West Tennessee ripcode 38261 anyone has añy ideas. Or even if there is somewhere you’d like you would like to check out .

Thanks kj4unx

Chicago usually falls upon the Chicago Pipe and Tobacco Show weekend. Pipes etc at Pheasant Run, and the Pen Show usually at a Holiday Inn east of O'Hare, I think.

Carlos":udbtmo9v said:
Chicago usually falls upon the Chicago Pipe and Tobacco Show weekend.  Pipes etc at Pheasant Run, and the Pen Show usually at a Holiday Inn east of O'Hare, I think.
I forgot all about the pipe show. I’ve been wanting to hit that up for years. It wouldn’t be hard to talk the wife into going to Chicago. She’s been begging to go to Chicago for years and even mentioned going to the pipe show. She wants to take Amtrak up there. So it’s very doable. But I think it falls on the arrl field day too

Brewdude":jofngasi said:
I moved this thread here seeing as the subject matter was a better fit.

Cheers,

RR
Thanks, I realized it was in the wrong place after I posted. Then got busy and forgot to mention it to a admin. Sorry I’ll try to pay more attention next time.

Carlos":9z7sg3vs said:
ARRL Field Day is the 4th full weekend in June.  So they are plenty of time apart.  
Yes sir, you are correct. I had my dates mixed up. I doubt I could make both of those events in the same weekend. The pipe show would be a great event to attend as well.

Corncobcon":196p9mdn said:
If you are looking to camp in the Ozarks, here is one place I know of that you might like.

www.mostateparks.com/campgrounds/bennett-spring-state-park
The wife and I have been looking at places to camp in the ozarks. We’ve tried for the last 2 years to make it over to mantuak state park. Just haven’t got there yet. We used to tent camp at Hawthorne’s in van burden and party down the current river but haven’t done that since 2003. Thanks for the link we’re always looking for recommendations on camp grounds

A lot of the fun of any collector show happens at the hotel after the show room closes. You won't get that slapping skeeters with Butthead sleeping at camp Tittybukaka. :shock: HaHaHa

daveinlax":rdwd9kuy said:
A lot of the fun of any collector show happens at the hotel after the show room closes. You won't get that slapping skeeters with Butthead sleeping at camp Tittybukaka. :shock:  HaHaHa
But that’s such a long drive to Nicaragua although I hear lake Tittybukaka is beautiful in the early spring and lace fall.

Blackhorse":2ev4srpk said:
I can’t afford to go to a pen show.  Any pen show.  Anywhere. ;)
With my new PAD( pen acquisition disorder) I really shouldn’t either. If I want to continue to eat my wife’s cooking.