Thinking of Getting a Churchwarden-Questions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swede

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Morning folks, I have various kinds of pipes from briar to a meerschaum, a metal Viking and cobs. I'm interested in a churchwarden, and almost snagged a Medico briar yesterday for about $40 with shipping. I'm also thinking about just getting a cw stem and converting a cob to one or get a 9 inch clay pipe. Are they enjoyable to smoke and sort of let rest on your chest as you puff? If you've had one, and can offer any pros or cons, etc., please post. Thanks Swede

Last edited:
You won’t know if one works for you unless you try it out. See if you can find a sitter. Remember, they’re typically pretty small bowl format = short smoke or good for strong tobacco blends…like Gawith plugs, ropes, etc. Peterson makes some nice ones. Good luck.

Well folks, I was watching more than one on ebay, and the Medicos went too high. Then I saw a Parker and watched until nearly 10 pm. It was only at $11.50, so thought what the heck and with 30 seconds left put in a bid. Another person drove it up, but I still had a good one, so got this baby for around $22. I like the grain in that briar. Someday soon, I'll know more about these. It needs a good cleaning.
Screenshot_20220904-155851_eBay.jpg

Well folks, I was watching more than one on ebay, and the Medicos went too high. Then I saw a Parker and watched until nearly 10 pm. It was only at $11.50, so thought what the heck and with 30 seconds left put in a bid. Another person drove it up, but I still had a good one, so got this baby for around $22. I like the grain in that briar. Someday soon, I'll know more about these. It needs a good cleaning. View attachment 6018
Hey Swede, You could light that in Tennessee and smoke it in Virginia. Lol.

Hey Swede, You could light that in Tennessee and smoke it in Virginia. Lol.
Ha, no kidding, and when it arrives (still in mail on a circuitous route) I'm gonna see. Btw, I'm closer to KY. There is a street in Bristol, TN where you could stand on the state line and that pipe could reach into VA.