This Peterson haunts me,

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have twenty P lips, mainly systems and love them for thier moisture trapping sumps. Which means I can smoke moister toabaccos and get different flavours than when smoking them dry.

They'd also have to be the most smoked pipes I have, as when I was office working, I'd take one or two Pete systems with me and pound it for a day, a rough clean after each bowl and it was ready to go again.

I did have the aforementioned problem of a tender mouth roof when smoking my first system pipe, but that abated for me after a few pipes. I presume it was that I was used to fishtail stems.

Cheers,

Tim

Love my Petes. I have a bunch of Deluxe systems in all sizes, 3 Mark Twains, some Premiers and a 1909 patent Era oom paul. All have p-lips except the Patent Era. The amber stem that was came on it was unusable so I had a replacement stem made for it. I enjoy smoking them just as much as I do my Rad Davis, Bruce Weaver, Brian Ruthberg and Castello.

I prefer Fishtails. P-lips should only be used on pipes with military mounts or system drilled models with the nasty internal well. The only pipe cleaner that I have been able to use in-smoke with my straight Peterson Deluxe bulldog is the ultra thin Falcon cleaners. Getting any normal cleaner through the P-lip mouth piece opening is quite difficult to say the least.