Quantcast

This Prince is no toad!

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

fishnbanjo

Reaction score
After going through my cleaning and sterilizing process, which involves the use of 25 y/o Highland Park Single Malt ( I have very little of this left I've dedicated it to my estate pipes). I rubbed some bees wax on the bowl and buffed it with my Dunhill pipe cloth. I must say this little Prince by Orlik looks splendid.

Being down to dregs of the packet of 2 y/o Condor Long Cut I got almost a full bowls worth and am now keeping it smokey.
banjo

fishnbanjo

Reaction score
Here's the real surprise!

Weight in ounces

Weight in grams

banjo :shock:

docwatson

Reaction score
Hard to beat a classic prince shape. Who made this piece?? And using 25 y.o. Single malt to sterilize a pipe is sacrilegious. Good old 100% grain alcohol is in my restoration process. lol

Brewdude

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
The Prince is one of the shapes that I don't have. Need to remedy that at some point, and yours is great inspiration Mr. Banjo.

8)

Cheers,

RR

AJ

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have only one prince in my Collect and it's a GBD Prehistoric #357. It too is very light (Don't know the actual weight and too lazy to hunt up my scales) and smokes like a dream. :)

AJ

fishnbanjo

Reaction score
I have GBD Prehistoric Apple shape but it has a black stem was one of my first buys way back, smokes great.
banjo

ajn27511":y5gg7p6z said:
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have only one prince in my Collect and it's a GBD Prehistoric #357. It too is very light (Don't know the actual weight and too lazy to hunt up my scales) and smokes like a dream. :)

AJ

CharlG

Reaction score
The weight is really amazing! I mean, really, a pipe weighing 9.7 grams? Wow!
Single malt sacrilege indeed, yes! ;) :lol:

Blackhorse

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
The Prince is perhaps my favorite bowl shape, presenting superb geometry for flakes.

Watson...he said it was an Orlik.