Three new Adam Davidson pieces added to my collection.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZuluCollector

Reaction score
While I was in Chicago I was able to add three of Adam Davidson's pipes to my collection. Adam is one of my favorite younger artisans and you'll see why when you take a gander at his work picture below.

The first piece is a black-bamboo shanked apple that weighs in at a negligible 17 grams. I have fingers that weigh more than this. The blast is really interesting; it looks like the pipe was blown out of the end of the bamboo shank.
adbamboo2yd0.jpg

The second pipe is a piece Adam has dubbed "The MacDonald Bulldog." This little nosewarmer has proportions that make it look like Salvador Dali might have painted it once. The opposite of the bamboo piece, this piece weighs a hefty 68 grams and it is only 4.34 inches long. Again, the blast is perfect for the shape; its shallow definition preserves and accents the pipe's lines.
adbulldog2rb1.jpg

The final of the three pipes is a combination smooth-sandblast piece that Adam dubbed "The Amoeba." I find that I can gaze at the bowl top for long stretches of time – it is so interesting. The pipe sports a little landscape of sensuous curves and birdseye that stands in lovely contrast to the finely detailed blast. The shank ferrule sports a nicely variegated horn ferrule.
davidsonamoeba2an6.jpg

I didn't realize until today just how bad my hamshack monitor is getting to be. When I looked at this thread at work today on a nearly new flat screen, you could almost reach in and touch them.

Beautiful pipes! I see a nose warmer in my future . . . . .

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

vaperfavour":nwu0nq8i said:
How does one so inclined acquire an Adam davidson pipe???
Here is Adam's website. I believe there is a contact link there.

He's responsive, so I'd just write him.

The word is already spreading about this kid, and it's all good. He's the American answer to Kent Rasmussen, pretty much. Get 'em while you can, folks.

That Bulldog is fantastic! Do you know of another way to contact Adam about his pipes? I tried his website, but couldn't find any link to leave a comment or email him. Thanks!

Adam works for SmokingPipes. I have a pipe being commisioned, also a bamboo. Hopefully he isn't blowing mine off to make pipes for Chicago. I did puck up an estate one, which is a bent billiard. Pretty hefty pipe. I'll take some pictures if I ever find my camera..