Tight MM Cobbit stem

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiemike

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would pull my cobbit stem off, I dont know why because I have churchwarden pipe cleaners.
With great, and I mean great force I managed to pull off the shank that was tighter than a nuns you know what!
I read on a post from someone that you wiggle the stem cold of course up and down to remove. After reading that it worked for me and nothing of a bit of pva wood glue wont fix.
I will be lightly sanding stem before replacing but I would rather have a tight stem than a loose one.
Just wondering if anyone else is heavy handed like me? :LOL:

1678505758956.png

mmmm Balisong at least you are not know as "passion paws" F#%K everything you touch like me :ROFLMAO:

Love a good bit of Aussie vernacular.

My cobbit gets pulled apart and cleaned after every smoke so I've never had this problem but as you've found a bit of PVA works wonders.

My main trouble was finding long enough pipe cleaners.

The perfect remedy is beeswax which can be purchased on Amazon. You just rub the stem over the solid chunk of beeswax and that’s it. It allows the stem to effortlessly be inserted. Solves the issue. What is also amazing is beeswax works for both a tight fit and a loose one.

Nice tip with the bees wax.

I dropped my cob into the lake last summer. Didn't notice it went in and 1 week later my granddaughter found it on the bottom in 10 feet of water. The stem fell off after it dried out but a little gorilla glue and it's perfect. Missouri Mercham amazing pipes for $20.

I dropped my cob into the lake last summer. Didn't notice it went in and 1 week later my granddaughter found it on the bottom in 10 feet of water. The stem fell off after it dried out but a little gorilla glue and it's perfect. Missouri Mercham amazing pipes for $20.

They're my go to pipe for outdoorsy stuff for me as they take a beating with aplomb.

Drop 'em in a lake, run over or sit on them, whatever, they pretty much are happy and come back for more. Maybe a new stem now and then. :)

Plus that, they smoke extremely well