Time and perspective

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting perspective, Sean.  Those early days cloud your perspective like they cloud mine.  They aren't anything alike but the contribute to who we are.

Throw away the negative parts from early on; you are a huge success story.  I know I couldn't have done what you did.  We share a lot of views though.  I keep trying to look for needed change and maintain hope.  Some wise man said to worry about the things you can change.  You did that.  Don't let those you can't cloud your happiness.  

Looking back at the country's history, we've screwed up a lot but always recovered.  Every criticism we can come up with isn't new but a reoccurrence from the past.  Based on past success, I think we can pull it off again.

I would differ slightly and say that given Sean's past, it makes him an even bigger success story. Awesome save from a tight spot.

Played in the woods built forts and if I wasn't there I was normally down at the pier at the end of my road. Got there riding a bicycle and balancing a fishing pole. My brother and I spent plenty of time outdoors making tree houses in the tall oaks and magnolias, but we also had gameboys. Those came into play mostly at night when you couldn't go outside, in long car rides, or in morning while we waited for Dad to wake up.

I play way more video games as an adult than I did as a kid. Heck after dealing with a full days work of screaming people its nice to go frag some people playing COD with some of my coworkers. Love and respect both worlds, wouldn't trade either one for the other.

Edit:

Sean you don't look like some one who got beat up much, I wouldn't have messed with you!:lol: 

i.keenum":5x3wdknc said:
Edit:

Sean you don't look like some one who got beat up much, I wouldn't have messed with you!:lol: 
Sir, I think my appearance today has alot to do with how scared I lived day to day as a young child. Those boys were in for a surprise when I hit puberty.

Gentlemen, I shared my story not for back slapping, although I do appreciate it, but rather for a different angle of how our past can impact our current perspective. My life is good. And I firmly believe it will keep getting better. I have chosen to enjoy my world.

Watching my little girl grow into a young woman is the best thing that could have happened to me. That alone fills me with joy and optimism.

When I return from Afghanistan I plan to ride my motorcycle all aorund the country. I would be happy to share a bowl and a pint with any of you!

Sean68":jronz877 said:
i.keenum":jronz877 said:
Edit:

Sir, I think my appearance today has alot to do with how scared I lived day to day as a young child. Those boys were in for a surprise when I hit puberty.

Gentlemen, I shared my story not for back slapping, although I do appreciate it, but rather for a different angle of how our past can impact our current perspective. My life is good. And I firmly believe it will keep getting better. I have chosen to enjoy my world.

Watching my little girl grow into a young woman is the best thing that could have happened to me. That alone fills me with joy and optimism.

When I return from Afghanistan I plan to ride my motorcycle all around the country. I would be happy to share a bowl and a pint with any of you!
When are you going to get back? When you do you've got a standing invitation to drop by and we'll share a bowl. I'll have to watch as you enjoy the pint but before you get into the pint you got to take me for a ride on your bike. I would like to feel the wind in my face from the seat of a bike before I kick out providing it's not a rice burner. :twisted: 

AJ

ajn27511":ol8fnwrg said:
Sean68":ol8fnwrg said:
i.keenum":ol8fnwrg said:
Edit:

When I return from Afghanistan I plan to ride my motorcycle all around the country. I would be happy to share a bowl and a pint with any of you!
When are you going to get back? When you do you've got a standing invitation to drop by and we'll share a bowl. I'll have to watch as you enjoy the pint but before you get into the pint you got to take me for a ride on your bike. I would like to feel the wind in my face from the seat of a bike before I kick out providing it's not a rice burner. :twisted: 

AJ
I want to see AJ on the back of a scooter.  That will be a sight!  I use to ride, but old bones don't heal well anymore so my riding days are over.  Sean, when yu go on your "sabbatical"..please send pictures of our glorious country and the people you meet on the way.  I'm sure it would be a great trip.

If you ever head down south hit me up I'd love to meet you for a beer and a bowl. New orleans is about an hour away and so is mobile. If you catch your self in either local I could meet you.

i.keenum":9hcackf3 said:
If you ever head down south hit me up I'd love to meet you for a beer and a bowl. New orleans is about an hour away and so is mobile. If you catch your self in either local I could meet you.
Me and my daughter have talked about a trip to New Orleans. I might have to make that happen!

I will be researching the Florida Panhandle area next year as well, as a potential next home. Not far from Mobile.

I will let you know!

The one thing time AND perspective has taught me is to take the words of the poet John Lennon wrote to heart: "...Let it be, let it be" :p