Time for a do over.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draagha

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

My project for the day was totally redoing the outside of my favorite smoker. I love the way this thing smokes but I wasn't diggin the finish. So I took it upon myself to fix that today.

I love rustication but I did not want to ruin the integrity of the pipe too much by digging too far into it. So I did a light bit of line work with my dremmel, just trying to do something a bit tree like. this is what I came up with. the first go around. I have two colors of dye, black and dark red, and its really just dark pink.

It never turned out right so I sanded it all down and tried it one more time just using various degrees of diluted black dye. Finished it off with a series of micromesh pads and then some organic polish and a carnuba wax finish.  This is the finished result, and even though it doesn't look the greatest, I'm still pretty proud of it, it's just about what I was shooting for, just a bit darker but it's really starting to grow on me. I'm hoping the black on the back will fade a little more as it dries entirely, if not, oh well.

Draagha :pirat:

Yeah I really like the way it turned out now.

I'd like to just darken the black on the shank to the darkest I can or lighten it to match the bowl as well.

I can't decide though. :scratch: