Tin Rusting on some GLP tins 2002-2004

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepesdad1

Reaction score
Saw on another pipe forum where someone bought a tin for a lot of money only to find that it had rust inside the tin. Not pointing fingers at any blender but you might want to check your tins for rust on the outside...maybe rust on the inside. Just wanted to pass on some info.
Walt

Thanks Walt, I followed the link you sent me and fortunately I don’t have any tins from that far back. :)

AJ

Wiz...I have your tobacco stored in glass jars with really tight lids (not taking any chance of loosing your delicious blends).

Walt

Sorry, I should know better. Thanks for moving this thread to the proper place in the universe, sorry Mod.

Walt

pepesdad1":t29sxfrz said:
Sorry, I should know better. Thanks for moving this thread to the proper place in the universe, sorry Mod.

Walt
No harm, no foul Walt. And no need for apologies. Just performing due diligence.

:heart:

Cheers,

RR

I have only ever had a few of these old barrel tins and I never had one with rust but the tobaccos were amazing, especially the Odyssey and Haddo’s. Bummer that these gems are prone to failure. Stay away from buying these on eBay, stick to Steve Fallon’s site and fellow forum members if you’re looking to acquire these I guess.