Tins for your own tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
puros_bran":7h7tlibz said:
I don't know if you boys have discovered something I haven't or if you are just nuts, but what's wrong with sticking the leaf in a mason jar and tightening the lid?  Been working for me for quite a long time.
It's more the shape of the container than the actual container itself. Like i said, I'd like to make my own plug for whole leaf tobaccos and the straight side containers like they use at C&D and McClelland are better shaped for storing a block.

puros_bran":f6fzbcw3 said:
Kevin you aren't into textual criticism on ancient manuscripts are you?  I know they also assume the hardest must be the correct.
No, I come from a long line of chronically curious engineering types, and the idea that no procedure is so simple and perfect that minor adjustment can't improve it is in my DNA. Besides, if I couldn't tinker I'd be bored. Pipe smoking is considered the passtime of the thinking man, ain't it? Well, that's something to think about :x