tins of dunhill

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog Bruce

Reaction score
Was in SLC again today for V A stuff. Stopped and picked up 2 tins of EMPand one NIGHTCAP, 50 gr eachNoticed the CA warning stickers seemed kind of dried out, an more browned like with age. Those three say Manufact. in the EU under authority of dunhill tobacco of London. The ones I got from a dif. source in 08 say Manufact. in Denmark under authority dunhill of London. Anybody shed any light?

Bruce,

They are both Orlik made. The 'EU' ones came first (2005-2007), and the 'Denmark' ones (c. 2008). The first two digits of the ten digit number line on said back label on the Lane dist. tins will give you the date of tinning (i.e., when they left the line in Denmark and were shipped to Lane), e.g., 0716081008 would be 2007, etc. This holds true back to tins from 2005-2008, where after Lane lost it. Hope that helps!

Thanks Kap, these were 07. Toying with the idea, am back and forth a lot for workups and tests, of stocking up cellar with a bunch of each. Can't smoke for now, but what the hell, they arn't easy to find I understand, and age just fine in the tin. I broke down and smoked a bowl of baccy last weekend. Would,t you know, one of the tests they did Monday was arterial blood gas. :oops: Was informed I get one pass, not again. :x

Bruce

Bruce I really feel for you Brother. The hardest part I had before the gastric bypass and several months after was not being able to smoke my pipe. Our prayers are still with you for a quick and speedy recovery after the upcoming surgery.

Thanks Mike. Ya know, day prior to that trip down SLC I had decided to go ahead and divulge the relapse(as they call it) to my transplant team co-ordinator. I had no idea that part. test was going to be done. If I hadn't, guess pretty good chance I wouldn't even be on that list anymore. As you already are aware, these people are dead :lol: :lol: serious. (We call that transplant humor)

Bruce

Bruce, i wish all the best to ya. i know it can't be easy to temporarily pause enjoying the pipe. just remember that it's for a greater good & you'll be back puffing w/us in a short time. stock up on those Dunnies in the meanwhile!