Tinsky deserves his props!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattia76

Reaction score
These just came back to me today, and I couldn't be more pleased!

I contacted Mark about 3 weeks ago wanting to get this Castello lovat (new shape fetish) opened up. I had heard that the ones from the mid-80's and before could be a bit restricted, but I still took a chance on this little unsmoked beauty. Sure enough, it was like sucking water through a nerf football.
Tinsky said he could open it up for $15. Done!

Then I got to thinking about this Savinelli Giubileo that was a gift from someone here on the boards that has always smoked OK, but the acrylic replacement stem someone put on it always felt clunky and uncomfortable. I asked mark to get me a thin, comfortable vulcanite stem. Done.

Finally, I've had a Dunhill 4111 lovat I traded for years ago that, again, suffered from a chunk acrylic replacement stem, which always felt sacreligious on a Dunhill. I asked mark if he could do a full-on Dunhill hand-cut ebonite brindle replacement stem with the dot.

Now, you could breathe through the Castello, the Savinelli is a joy to smoke, and the Dunhill is the best looking and most comfortable pipe I own. All for a VERY reasonable price
Thanks Mark!
You are worth your accolades and we are lucky to have you as a "Brother".

Good on you for bringing new life into these pipes. Mark is the consummate professional & deserves the occalades.

Props to Mr Tinsky. A fantastic job on 3 very nice pipes.

Da! Komrade Tinsky is also very helping with not-so-smart pipemaker types who have manymany questions even if they don't care so much for fly-catching times with the river fish.

I've a fair number of Mark and Glenn (son) Tinsky pipes. I've boogered-up a handful, mostly before I learned not to every put a pipe in a pocket, and Mark was always able to give me a do-over, whether it was steaming-out dings to replacing stems.

Class, competent act.

Buddy

The BoB pipe of the year he made for us a few years back is my #1 Va flake pipe (and I normally dislike squashed bulldogs!). Hard pipe to hold, but nothing else I own can deliver the taste from lighter flakes than my Tinsky can.

Natch