Tobacco cellar remodel

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
During the last two weeks of family turmoil I managed to stay sane by building some cabinets and remodeling tobacco cellar.  It is in a walk-in closet off my man-cave.  The closet is about 8'X8' with my tobacco stuff on the right and some space on the left side for a small model train layout. Here is what I have accomplished so far...

May I enquirer about the bench grinder? I have a high speed one that will periodically launch pipes at the speed of sound across the garage. I want to get a variable lower speed so I don't kill any pets next time I buff a pipe.

BriarBuck":nwuha1h4 said:
May I enquirer about the bench grinder? I have a high speed one that will periodically launch pipes at the speed of sound across the garage. I want to get a variable lower speed so I don't kill any pets next time I buff a pipe.

Good plan. I noticed that Chinese grinder has a rheostat on its face.

If you do a Google search on “buffer bench variable speed” it comes up on eBay. $60. eBay product id: 28009125159. They refer to it as a Dental Mini Lathe. Interesting.

Blackhorse":5naz206t said:
BriarBuck":5naz206t said:

Good plan.  I noticed that Chinese grinder has a rheostat on its face.

If you do a Google search on “buffer bench variable speed” it comes up on eBay.  $60.  eBay product id: 28009125159.  They refer to it as a Dental Mini Lathe. Interesting.
Thanks BH. Mine is listed as Bench Polishing Machine. It' is made by Rand. Variable speeds from 2000 rpm to 7000 rpm. Even at 2000, you have to be careful using it. I purchased mine through Amazon. Also, thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Now you did it.. I will be spending the day in my garage erecting a unit to store all of my ever expanding tobacco stash

This looks wonderful! And I like that you have your buffing wheel close at hand, mine is personally in the workshop as it does double duty but perhaps I should get a small one in my smoking room.