• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tobacco I'll Never Smoke

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I know this may sound foolish/ridiculous to some, but it is what it is. I have a buttload of latakia dominant English blend bulk tobacco I know I will never smoke. I'm going to dump it all into a large container and mix it all together. Some may be P.S. pre-mixed blends, others C & D, some Newminster, Sutliff, a lot of my blending failures, etc. I know some folks have been hit by the pandemic pretty hard and buying tobacco is financially difficult. After I get everything mixed, I'll post that it's ready to send out. No cost. I'll pay postage and want nothing in return. Sorry, but this can only be to the U.S. only. I don't know how many pounds there are.

I suppose I should add that with the imminent prospect of my daughter and grandchildren moving in with me, my man cave, tobacco storage area will likely be converted to a playroom and toy storage area. I have to make room and I'd rather give away the tobacco than dump it.

Last edited:
Good for you mate, pipe people are more than generous. I'd love to say yes please but being in Aus, that would cause problems. Thanks for your gesture anyway Steve,

Cheers,

Tim

I am disgusted and embarrassed. I thoroughly mixed everything together yesterday. There's tobacco in the mix dating back 24 years. I expected the final mix to be a typical English blend. It's not. Something in the aging process caused the final blend to take on a smoking bouquet and taste of mold. I smoked a couple of bowls and literally gagged. There was so much tobacco that the only place I could mix it was in the bath tub, which was cleaned meticulously and rinsed several times before I began mixing. I had no hint that this might happen. I checked very ginger jar in which the tobacco was cellared. It's bad, really bad and I'm sorry I didn't make the mixture before my initial post. The offer will be open until next Tuesday. I'll send you a couple of pounds if you want it, at my expense, but be forewarned, it's awful and I don't, for the life of me, know where it went bad.

A week from tomorrow, over a $1000 worth of tobacco will go into a dumpster.

Last edited:
Shit Steve, that's bad luck mate, I'm presuming a jar you added to the mix was compromised at some stage. Very sad news.

This may not interest most, but something I started doing about 20 years ago is still producing a blend that I smoke a couple of times a week. Like most of us, I ended up with a variety of blends that sounded good by their descriptions but were "false advertising" to my taste buds. I started blending them and tweaked the percentages of what types of tobacco they were over the years. I ended up with my most smoked morning blend I call Guffy's Morning Blend (my childhood name). The basic mix is 50%+/- some form of latakia or English blend, 30%+/- something stout (burley, Va, or VaPer blend), and 20%+/- a flavored blend, aromatic or oriental. I mix it up in a quart ball jar loosely packed and let it sit a couple of months. As my preferences morph over the years, I add more of the blend type I'm into at that time. Right now I'm in a bit of a latakia kick, so I add a couple of ounces of stout latakia to move the blend into that area. In a couple of months, I might want a bit of sweet background and add an ounce or two of some aromatic that I couldn't stand by itself. The end result, because of all the blends added, is rather mild which suits me first thing in the morning. Just a thought.
Natch