Tobacco jars organized!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunello

Reaction score
Finally got all my tobacco jars organized A-Z. Previously I had jars on top of jars on a bookcase and others all scattered in various boxes, but now I can go right to whatever strikes my fancy. If BriarBeagle talks up Old Gowrie I think "Hmm, I haven't tried that in a few months" and go get myself a bowl and see how it's coming along.

Installed these shelves in a previously unused nook and the good thing about being adjustable is that they can accommodate CDs, DVDs, knickknacks, or -if things become really dire - canned goods!

There's a separate cabinet with jars and tins for long-term aging, while all my most-used blending tobaccos I keep at hand on this small shelf by type (Burleys, Cavendish, Dark Fired, etc.)

Wow that looks nice and organized. I have mine on a generic target book shelf, not in any type of order and not nearly as neat as yours

D.L.Ruth":5ouijkki said:
Wow that looks nice and organized. I have mine on a generic target book shelf, not in any type of order and not nearly as neat as yours
There'll come a day when you reach a certain critical mass that you'll have to roll up your sleeves and do some Spring Cleaning. :lol:

Damn, I feel bad now. Mines in a couple of Rubbermaid totes under a table pushed back in the corner. Every once in awhile, I'll use them as a foot prop when operating my ham radios.

Bruno...a work of art my friend.

My dusty and crusty corner looks more like a view from Slug & Jiggers Apothecary on Diagon Alley in some Harry Potter universe.

Well, maybe not quite so organized. lol

Fantastic!  Who says OCD is a bad thing?  How much would it cost to have you come and organize my cellar? :lol:

Oh Yeah...OLD GOWRIE!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: (BTW, if you find that its not to your liking I'd be happy to dispose of it for you)

BriarBeagle":08wz0yj6 said:
Fantastic!  Who says OCD is a bad thing?  How much would it cost to have you come and organize my cellar? :lol:

Oh Yeah...OLD GOWRIE!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:  (BTW, if you find that its not to your liking I'd be happy to dispose of it for you)
I bought two tins in Feb. 2018 so they are just babies. I'm still working down the first tin I opened and liking how it is evolving enough to keep what I have. I know you like the really vintage stuff. As good as it is for a VA-BUR-PER I have to say I'm more of a VA-TUR and VA-TUR-PER guy, a favorite being GL Pease Regent's Flake which tastes delicious right out of the tin to me.

BriarBeagle":vn9i6wu9 said:
Blackhorse":vn9i6wu9 said:
BH,

Is that some kind of luxury, botique flavor infused Meth lab setup?
When I first saw the pic I actually thought that could be BlackHorse's setup. When I saw the smelling salts and potions I thought "Hmmm, that could explain some things!" ;)

eggman":knpd9t0p said:
Damn, I feel bad now. Mines in a couple of Rubbermaid totes under a table pushed back in the corner.  Every once in awhile, I'll use them as a foot prop when operating my ham radios.
Not to feel bad Egg, not everybody needs a system like I have. I finally had to declare war on the chaos. But if my cellaring was mostly deep - a lot of quantity of just a few favorites - I would have continued with Tupperware just like you use. But I have so many small amounts of this and that, nearly two hundred different items, that they easily become lost and a cause of frustration to locate.

At least your system serves double duty as a foot rest! :lol: