tobacco on ebay

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chksbak

Reaction score
so last week i won a ebay auction well i did not win but the guy who did i guess passed it up because they would not take paypal only a money order, so i got a second chance offer. i have never heard of them before but i got them cheap 11 bucks for the 5 tins has any one ever tried them

theodorrus niemeyer is the brand name

the blends are

danish fruit cake
spinnaker
hollandia
english latakia mixture
heather honey.

well i got these tins in the mail yesturday, they look very old, they say on them that inside is a hany pocket pouch containing the tobacco, and they were distributed by a company called Hollco out of new york. they have no kind of a date on them or any kind of a tax stamp

i have not opened any of them they are still sealed, so i don't know yet lol

Tough call on jarring vs leaving the tins intact. You know, if you open the tins the aging process comes to a screeching halt and has to start over again in the jar. On the other hand the integrity of these old tins might cave with the rust-through pin-hole thingies.

As the tins are already quite old and appear intact, I'd go with leaving them in the tin but smoking them up; it sounds like they have all the age that they need.

I'm doing something wrong. All I get on e-bay is pages upon pages of collector tins.

HELP!

tj

I seach both the pipes and tins sections using this for the search sealed -hook*

I also check search item description and title.

What this does is pick out any that have sealed in the listing and does not show anything with hook in the listing.

I don't want to have to wade though all those hookahs.

Chuck...I believe the tins you bought are from the same house that makes/blends Flying Dutchman. I do remember having these blends while working in a pipe store in the 60's. The Danish Fruit cake is quite aromatic, as is the Heather Honey. The English Latakia Mixture is rather mild; I did smoke it a bit back in those days!! I honestly don't remember anything about the other two...my guess is they are somewhat aromatic; but that's just a guess! I'll be very interested to hear your comments/observations should you ever put match to any of these!! FTRPLT

Chuck,

I used to ocassionaly smoke both Holandia and Spinnaker years ago.

Both were lightly aromatic but with enough natural tobacco flavor to be enjoyable. They had a typical Dutch background flavor that was common in those days, probably due to some addition of Java tobacco.

If I remember correctly, these were a relatively fine cut and tended to dry out quickly once opened.

At one time, Theodorus Neimeijer was a major tobacco producer in the Netherlands, but I have seen little of their tobacco imported since the 1980's.

Mike

mostlyclassics":8qrcy0cu said:
Handy link, dfkdfk! Thanks for sharing it.
No problem. It appears to be a little long for these boards, but it has it's place in my bookmarks. ;)