Tobacco on The History Channel

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazmat

Reaction score
Last evening(5/29/08) around 7:00pm EST there was a show on History about tobacco. Unfortunately, it leaned more towards the production of cigarettes but it was still informative and very interesting. Some good historical info there.

I'm not too big into the cigs but I do smoke one every now and then. After watching this show, however, I don't know that I ever will again.

I actually caught Modern Marvels yesterday afternoon on the History Channel and they were doing Tobacco. I came about 1/2 way in, but got to see the segments on cigars and pipes. Both were fascinating. For the pipe tobacco segment there were at the C&D factory, which was very cool. The cigars were at the Fuente facilities. That was amazing stuff.

If you guys get a chance to catch it (they always replay Modern Marvels episodes), I'd recommend it. Of course there is a lot of "anti" messaging in there too, including that guy from the movie "the Insider."

-Andrew

I think this is what I was watching, but I only caught the first half so missed the parts you're talking about. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for it.

After seeing the portion on cigarette tobacco content, I had to get up and leave the room. Enlightening, disgusting and sickening especially the segment on reconstituted tobacco...floor sweepings, returned stale cigarettes etc. Hopefully one day I'll get to see the pipe and cigar segment.

Jim

Ol'Dawg":zx8qx48h said:
After seeing the portion on cigarette tobacco content, I had to get up and leave the room. Enlightening, disgusting and sickening especially the segment on reconstituted tobacco...floor sweepings, returned stale cigarettes etc. Hopefully one day I'll get to see the pipe and cigar segment.

Jim
That's exactly the part I was talking about when I mentioned in the first post that I'll never smoke another cigarette again. That was foul and disgusting.

hazmat":njj5igps said:
Ol'Dawg":njj5igps said:

Jim
That's exactly the part I was talking about when I mentioned in the first post that I'll never smoke another cigarette again. That was foul and disgusting.
Cigarettes are foul and disgusting.