Tobacco Recipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Here is the recipe for a blend I put together last month. I have found it to be smooth and delicious. Recommended that it sit for a week or so.

BOATDOCK
8 Ounces McClelland X-10 Burley
4 Ounces Latakia
4 ounces Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake rubbed out.

Sounds good. Have you thought of adding Turkish tobacco to it? Spilman Mixture by Iwan Ries has come back after 70 years and has 3 good reviews already on Tobacco Reviews.

CP":7moqjy9t said:
Sounds good. Have you thought of adding Turkish tobacco to it? Spilman Mixture by Iwan Ries has come back after 70 years and has 3 good reviews already on Tobacco Reviews.
I decided not to add anything to the recipe as it works pretty well as it is. After marrying, it develops a smooth, smokey sweetness and I'm not real clear as to where it gets it from. Nonetheless, a very tasty smoke.

I saw the Spilman Mixture reviews and will be trying a tin of it in the future.

An online compatriot is always coming up with a new combination of tobacco blends. He's even into "stacking" (packing layers of different blends/flavors in one bowl).​
In my humble opinion, this is his finest aromatic creation:

Mrs. Hudson's 221B Bakery Street Blend (The name Mrs. Hudson’s is a reference to Sherlock Holmes' landlady.)

Holmes probably smoked a strong English tobacco aka “ships.”
Naming a sweet aromatic after him would be inappropriate and ungentlemanly.
Mrs. Hudson’s is made from Sutliff bulk aromatic tobaccos, sold by the ounce, and blended together as follows:

Three parts (or 3 oz.) Sutliff Vanilla Custard
Two parts (or 2 oz.) Sutliff Chocolate Mousse
One part (or 1 oz.) Sutliff Crème Brûlée

One may substitute one part (or 1 oz.) Sutliff Private Stock Molto Dolce (tin) for the very similar Creme Brûlée.

Historical note: The original recipe called for “….a pinch or two of Sutliff Irish Creme.” but my friend says it can be omitted without harming the blend.

Mrs. Hudson's 221B Bakery Street Blend is easy to light and keep lit, great taste, smell, and room note; no bite, no goopy dottle.​