Tobacco recommendation?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster

Reaction score
After trying some different tobaccos I've narrowed it down to three I really love:

English:
Frogmorton on the Bayou
Maltese Falcon

Aromatic:
Barbary Coast

So, basically sweet blends, with a little bit of spicyness/muskiness to make it more interesting than just plain ol' virginia,
and aromatics with alcohol flavorings (instead of fruity stuff). Room note is unimportant.
What would be a nice blend to try next?

Thanks!

Virginia Perique blends and American English blends, as for specifics on Virginia Perique blends, I'm not sure as I haven't smoked too many of them; for American English blends, look at Gatlin-Burly from the Gatlinburlier.. I would also suggest MacBaren Plumcake and GLP Haddo's Delight.

Some of the older American Burley blends such as Prince Albert, Carter Hall, Sir Walter Raleigh, Edgeworth Ready Rubbed and John Middleton Walnut (my favorite) might be to your liking. Most of them are readily available at most grocery or drug stores. You will have to purchase Walnut and ERRd online. There are a lot of good Burley blends out there. If you like Barbary Coast you should try C&D Pennington Gap or Blockade Runner. It's a big world out there!

Buster":3xdgl90l said:
So, basically sweet blends, with a little bit of spicyness/muskiness to make it more interesting than just plain ol' virginia, .....What would be a nice blend to try next?
My first thought brought McConnell's Scottish Cake to mind.

For a VA with a little citrus in the background you may want to try Bjarne's DeLuxe Flake.

Another along the lines of Barbary Coast but with bourbon is C&D's Pennington Gap.

Jim