Tobacco Variety

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas james

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I admit.

I am a tobacco whore.

I like tobacco variety.

I currently have TWO vapers open.

Solani 633

Samuel Gawith St. James Flake

Both are vapers yet are so different.

Tj.

St. James Flake, thumbs up or thumbs down? I have 4 tins in the cellar. Never tried the blend and thought I'd put some time on the tins before I tried it...

MB,

Thumbs and big toes up!

My tin of St. James is new.

Just got it today with a big order from smokingpipes.com, mostly Pease blends.

The tin was dented and the seal compromised. The tobacco was still good and was transferred to a jar. All of todays order were replacements for my up coming '08 rotation and considered to be expressly for aging. That being the case, I did e-mail smoking pipes and asked for a replacement. Jeff IMMEDIATELY responded and is sending a new one. WITHOUT requiring me to send him the damaged tin. I do all of my tobacco purchases there because of price, variety and the fact that everything is always in stock. Obviously their service is great too.

Open one of yours and you will see how good it is.

St James flake is a really super blend.

Something I have wondered though. How much like Tavern Tobacco's Laurel Flake is it?

Carlos, Nothing at all, apples......... Ken
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :king:

Well, I was wondering if I missed something in my previous samplings of Laurel Flake. I was never really that wild about it. Oh, it's good. All Sam Gawith flakes are. But St. James flake for me, is right up there with the best.

The only blends that I have smoked in a long long time with the exception of one bowl of John B. Hayes house VA blend are Walnut, ERRd, and Rum & Maple. Just had to open up another 12 oz. tub of Walnut last night.

Greetings TJ, et al.,

I've been smoking a bit of St. James Flake this week and I like it if I am in the mood for a big perique experience. I found it smokes a wee bit hot at times. To me this is Best Brown Flake and a LOT of perique, almost too much perique for me.

Carlos, I much prefer Laurel Flake, which tastes like FVF and a moderate amount of perique. Laurel Flake is an A+ blend for me. LF seems sweeter and has more bold VA taste to me than St. James Flake. I believe that these are two very distinct VAPERS.

Other A+ VAPERS are: Escudo, 633, Long Golden Flake. I've only recently decided that Laurel Flake should join my holy triumvirate. All of these vapers are distinct from each other, yet achieve the pinacle of the genre.

Best "bang for the buck" VAPERS - Luxury Navy Flake and 2015.

FWIW,

TC