tobaccos so good you dont smoke enough of them

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
why do i do this? i have four or five blends that i find so good i find myself geting excited when i plan to smoke a bowl of them and i find myself resisting to smoke them. why? beacon, solani 633, aged fillmore, i love these blends. i find that i buy a lot of these and i almost.... almost mind you, find a strange reluctance to indulge in these. how strange! these are blends that i can always buy more of, its not like the three tins of stonehenge flake i have managed to acquire. anyone else like this?? :scratch:

I do much the same... there are favourites on my shelf that I'd love to pop open but often go to something else. The only thing I can think of, for me, is that if I wait, in another month or few months that (those) tin(s) will be even better.

:D Paul

True enough. And this is why it's important to go deep and buy enough of your favorites to cellar. I really don't mind smoking newer tinnings, but I find a year is more than enough for me to enjoy any quality blend. The oldest stuff on my shelves goes first, and the newer tins wait their turn. It's a good system.

I do that with Jack's Firehouse Dog. I know I only have so much left and it probably won't be produced again until Syrian Latakia starts flowing into the states again. For that reason I save it for special occasions.

I guess I kind of think like Paul. I have probably more tins of my favorite blends stored away than I can smoke in the rest of my life. But I often go for something a bit lower on my "favorites chart". Perhaps because I want a bit more age on them, or perhaps it's my personality. I often save the best of what ever I have and use up the older, used first, (example, wife says to me, "why are you waring that old t-shirt with holes in it when you have a dozen brand new ones in the drawer?", my response is usually that this one still has a few connected threads left, and I'm saving the good ones).

That's one reason I have a hard time bringing myself to open tins, when I have so many mason jars that I feel I need to finish off first before opening the tins.

When I die, I will leave behind for some lucky fellow, a wealth of my favorite, well aged tins of tobacco that my wife will probably sell at a yard sale for $5 for 500 tins!
:affraid:

Natch

It depends. There are two half-pound tins of Embarcadero here slated for opening in 2017 and 2027 (ten years and twenty years) and one of Robusto for some time around then. The good stuff is like wine :D

:face:

Renaissance is (was) fantastic. I've burned through tins of Presbyterian and Butera Pelican in no time flat. I also gulped down a tin of Picadilly pretty darn quickly.

This is funny because I find myself asking the similar question. "Why don't I smoke this more" or "why don't I smoke this all the time?"

Esoterica Stonehaven
Solani Aged Burley Flake
Esoterica Dorchester
SG Kendal Cream Flake
Rattrays Hal o the Wynd

Amen on Aged Burley Flake.

It's one of my first repeat purchases; I love it with an oversized mug of coffee. But it seems every time I scane the shelf, I think, "Maybe later."

I have tins(8oz)that won't be opened for many years....and I have some of the same blends I enjoy young,mostly Peaseweeds;but I never have enough time to smoke all of the Abingdon and Odyssey that I want to!I love SotE also-and have learned to postpone my gratification on Va-Va/Per blends 'til they age a mite.
Just laid in a pound of FVF,it may get the early smoke,after the great smoke I had in an Ashton XX billiard(opened byPPR&R)last night.
Once I learned my favorites,I began concentrating on them but do not exclude the new either.Short answer-I don't smoke enough Haddo's or Odyssey!
Tony

I must admit that I seem to be "saving" a goodly # of tins for "later!" Don't know for what I'm "saving" them!! I only have so many good smoking years remaining, I will never sell any of the tins (old DH's, for example), and once I'm gone...nobody in my family will want them!! Guess i better start attacking them!! FTRPLT

Natch":2654se3b said:
When I die, I will leave behind for some lucky fellow, a wealth of my favorite, well aged tins of tobacco that my wife will probably sell at a yard sale for $5 for 500 tins!
:affraid:

Natch
If ya don't mind, please ask your wife to invite me to the yard sale.
(just askin') :lol:

While I tend to buy tobacco in small amounts, and don't usually hesitate to smoke any of the blends, I do have a few briars that have never tasted flame. I think it's the same phenomenon.

I do think I suffer from "BS 759" disease!! That is the fear :affraid: that once I've smoked a tin that is no longer in production (or I think may go out of production!!), then I won't have any any more :no: So I accumulate it, but don't smoke it :suspect: I just "discovered" three tins of PCCA Syrian Star (vintage 1996!!!) hiding in the back of the "cellar." I just unpacked three boxes of tobacco and have another on the way!! My wife is really starting to question my sanity :suspect: Of course, she is a Psych Nurse; she always questions my sanity :geek: Point is.....I have way too many great PCCA, GLP, McC, C&D, etc., etc., blends with "age" on them that I really must experience. 2009 will be the year :D Now, as to that problem with too many unsmoked briars and meers....I'll save that for another thread :joker: :pipe: FTRPLT

FTRPLT, ol buddy. Let me be a friend and help you out with your problem (no thanks needed). You know where to send your "problems" and I'll dispose of them properly.

Natch