Today, I'm Opening the Xicaru Mezcal Artesanal Anejo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
My brother and his wife are in Houston for a month visiting their daughter and family. Their daughter is a heart surgeon at the Anderson Medical Complex and on the staff of the UT Medical School. Her husband has some kind of high tech financial business. My brother sent this text this morning: "It's Cinco de Mayo, have a shot of tequila asshole!" He's 80 this month and we're both thrilled to be alive. Neither of our parents made it to 60. I answered with an appropriate curse and said I was opening a bottle of Xicaru Mezcal Artesanal Anejo (which I will do after my day with my grandchildren ends.)

No two people could be as different as my brother and me. We are at opposite polls of the personality spectrum, yet, as old men, we've become pretty good friends.

7:50 PM and I've just consumed about 1.5 oz. of Xicaru Mezcal Artesanal Anejo. Wow! I'm going to smoke a bowl of my latest blend and have another sip.

Last edited:
DDF68820-6D47-4979-94D6-F369E6643D37.jpeg

That is wonderful mezcal......!
Sip it, don't shoot it like some college sophomore.
Great mezcal is like a fine scotch whiskey....Think Islay whiskeys.....smokey and smooth

56AA47BD-F734-4C68-B658-F142EC862D7A.jpeg
My 4.5- year-old grandson would try to use the entire roll after one "sitting".