Today is my 20th Anniversary

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jers":g9trubxx said:
BTW are you considering marking the occasion by buying another new pipe for the next 20 years? What about something special, real quality......like a ...*whisper*..Dunhill? :twisted:

Thanks, buddy.

I actually bought a new MM Cob and smoked BCAQ in it - just like my first pipe and my first smoke. Hey - if it worked then, why mess with tradition...

But then, I am quite frugal by nature.

Rob_In_MO":j1mcdaag said:
I actually bought a new MM Cob and smoked BCAQ in it - just like my first pipe and my first smoke. Hey - if it worked then, why mess with tradition....
Superb! Being able to remember the day in detail 20 years ago is impressive. Having the ability to recreate it is special.

Really well done :D

Congratulations again

Jers

Twenty years?!
I've got an entire two years under my belt...
Congrats on sticking with a habit!
I hope to do the same.

Jers":5emqq9gz said:
Superb! Being able to remember the day in detail 20 years ago is impressive. Having the ability to recreate it is special.
Brother Jers - I notice your tobacco selection is Peterson Connoisseur's Choice, have you tried Peterson;s Irish Whiskey? I really enjoy both blends and it would be hard for me to have to choose between the two.

Thanks Rob,

I've sent you a pm. Peterson Irish Whiskey is on the list and, as you have likened it in quality to Conniousseur's Choice, very likely next. :D

Much appreciated.

Fraternally

Jers

Here's my quick description of Irish Whiskey.

Peterson makes some really good quality tobaccos. Irish Whiskey is one of their traditional blends, and goes waaaaaay back.

It's different from Connoisseur's Choice in that it has more of a true tobacco flavor, with a hint of whiskey in the taste and tin aroma. It's not quite a full aromatic, but not quite a straight blend either.

It has a subtle yet noticeable complexity that makes it stand out. It's one of Peterson's older blends that has stood the test of time. Not harsh at all and no bite, and not heavily cased like so many aromatic blends.

Enjoy, Sir. I hope this one lives up to your expectations, as it sure did mine.

Kyle Weiss":0l9zhmla said:
Rob, do you still have your first pipe? What did you first smoke?

Kyle - quit being such a lazy ass and go back and read the thread. :mrgreen:
Good lord, that humor even went past you. :lol: :cheers:

8)