Todays virtual smoker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
I posted this elsewhere, but some have told me that they cannot access it so I'm relocating it here.

The virtual smoker! What a great idea. Many gathered in the ether and lit up simultaneously to toast each other, men of a similar mind set, on this, the first day of 2008. It was very nice, good camaraderie, much good karmic smoke wafting about, well wishes, thanks and good feelings. Hats off to all who attended, to TJ who brainstormed it, to Jason who gave the venue for it.

The photo is of my brother and I who attended simultaneously, on separate laptop computers in his garage. He is known here as Tin Man, he smoked some 12 year old McClelland navy cavendish in a Dunhill shell pot. I smoked first a bit of Dunhill light flake gifted me by TJ in a Dunhill 51033 that was fixed by Latakia lover, then a bowl of Penzance in the Lat lovers honor smoked in a Savinelli punta oro from the 60's gifted to me by TJ. Tamper used was a gift from Jason, made by Mike Brissett. Great karmic implications abound!!

I enjoyed the event,...... those ugly mugs cheapen it somewhat, kinda like rollin in the hay with a barfly and wakin up and seein her the next morning... :affraid:

:lol!: PB!! Good one. I just wanted you to understand fully the types of folk you're choosing to associate with :affraid: When I was a child my mother constantly warned me against getting mixed up with bad company. Eventually she came to realize that I WAS the bad company she so worried about and began to warn the neighborhood kids about ME! :p

Absolutely delightful post.

The chat was easily as epic as the 07 Smoker. There were other brothers that lit up with us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there presence was felt and is honored.

Tin Man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you are most handsome,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,???????????????????

:king:

Tin Man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's obvious by your lack of girth, somebody's been eatin your soup.

:king:

thomas james":pfigg164 said:
Tin Man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you are most handsome

Yeah, he got the looks and I got the.....uh...errr.....................Soup! :lol:

Now that is a funny looking picture of two otherwise normal guys :?: staring into the screen of a MacBook,,,,,,,,,,,, all giddy in anticipation of a some kind of primordial global charring light. What a great way to spend the day :D .

Thanks again for the Navy Cavendish Pdiddy. :pipe: Don't hesitate to call if you get rained out this week! :pipe:
tin

P.S. I have put the aluminum siding back on to prevent further repulsive sightings and to keep the children from crying. Happy New Year yooz guys. :drunken:

Fellas. I enjoyed the event as well. Wish i could have chatted with you guys, but I was with you all in spirit.

My new Peterson Kilarney 80s with some 2015 in it was nice and relaxing ( and NO bite!).

Thanks again guys!

Davey

That's really cool. It was a great idea, thanks TJ. We even saw some people drop the gloves for a bit, like a New Year's miracle! :lol:

Hey Tin Man, what did you think of that Navy Cavendish? I picked up a couple tins but haven't yet popped on.

Felt a great sense of camaraderie at the 08' virtual smoker. Perhaps a more frequent gathering of the "Brothers" would continue the goodwill.

jhuggett":avigcji6 said:
Hey Tin Man, what did you think of that Navy Cavendish? I picked up a couple tins but haven't yet popped on.
Huggie,
I really enjoyed my first bowl of the NC. I could not taste any rum, yet I could sure taste what the rum did to it. It was very deep for a McClelland VA, yet it was not too heavy or complex - just right. High quality broken flakes as you would expect from McClelland. The tin I was smoking from was 12 years old. There was no ketchup, no vinegar, no tang. A little on the dry side, just right for packing. It was a beautiful thing . . . . .

I'm having another bowl tomorrow! :pipe:

Even' All, Huggie, Pd, and tj for starting it I had a wonderful time, let's do another! I needed to get me off the "pitty-pot"! Tin-man, try some of C&D's Blockade runner, you'll taste the rum! Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! ;)

Sorry I missed it! I was heading up Interstate 95 towards DC. Going to Old Town Alexandria to visit John Crouch Tobacconists. I'm stoked!

I had a great time at the smoker. I enjoyed a pint of guiness and pizza and dont remember what I smoked. I think we need to have a weekly chat so everyone can get together and chat more often.

I've been sick, so unable to participate. I hate getting sick.

JoelS":rbq2mhdh said:
I've been sick, so unable to participate. I hate getting sick.
Hope you feel better soon Joel. I had that stomach virus thing that's going around - it's a nasty one this year. Usually these things pass me by but not this time. Yesterday was the first time I felt human since the day after Xmas. Today was good. Coffee tasted good today and the pipe was great.

It's good to be back in business. Hope your feeling better soon too. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Joel,,,,,,,,,,,,Glad you're feeling better.

Have no fear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm thinking about getting an Easter egg hunt thing going. We've only begun the new year. Hope you stick around with us.

Enjoyed the smoker also; sorry I had to leave early. It got 2008 off to a great start

my internet was down so i could not get into the chat room, but i did fill up one of my von ercks with star of the east and smoke it at 3. and sat wishing i could get in the chat room.