tom leedy pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portasio

Reaction score
love leedys and i'm surprised to see no mention of them in the forums... i'm wondering if there are any other leedy fans out there. or maybe they're too busy enjoying their pipes to bother posting... i know i've been.

so, better late than never, here are a few of my favorite things:

dscf0010.jpg

dscf0011.jpg

p1000111.jpg

p1000110.jpg

dscf0013.jpg

dscf0014.jpg

1stlee10.jpg

i'm an awful photographer so the pics don't really translate how awesome these pipes are.... you'd have to have tried one to know. then again, that's true of any pipe.

It only takes one to bring attention.

I sure do wish pipe makers would leave the prices on their pipes after they've sold. Mark them SOLD, but leave the price. It's good all-around reference.

thanks for stopping by. as far as i've heard, fluctuations in prices and availability of briar along with thin margins don't allow consistency in prices. therefore a past price may not reflect a future one. that's why most makers prefer not to disclose the closing price. my guess, at least.

if you want some real-time market pricing, i'd advise watching the ebay auctions. there's a batch up there ending soon. i've seen them go anywhere from 60s to 100+ estates usually go for a little more, for some strange reason (80-100+).

i don't know the full range of prices on his website, but it's worth checking out for the gallery. http://tomleedypipes.com

interesting shapes... pricing looks good as well... if only the poker was not sold I would be snapping that puppy up. Thanks for posting!

thanks for checking. you're right, they're quite unique. above all, they are excellent smokers. i suggest you drop tom a line, he may be able to make a custom poker for you.

it was a gift from a friend who got it in some garage sale, if i recall correctly.

I feel compelled to purchase a Leedy because I'm from Dayton. Plus, he does good work. I loved the poker with blue stem on his site. I'm not a huge fan of his overall style, but he seems to know what he's doing and I hear only good things about is pipes.

i don't think there's anything, anywhere at any price like a leedy. he's as creative as pipe makers come, so it's hard to find two leedys that are too much alike (i for one own no 2 alike). since he's also a pipe smoker (fond of vintage freehand danes), there's also a constant concern about the mechanics, so they're all excellent smokers (i know for sure the ones i have are). to top it all, he's a real nice guy and great to do business with. of course this comes from a passionate collector. on the other hand, why would you spend your hard-earned cash on a faceless big brand european pipe when you can get a great artisan pipe from tom leedy, tim west, mark tinsky, and so many other talented makers that are just as good, or better... and far more interesting?

Reviving a super old thread here just to underscore all of the above. Tom is still at it and creating one-off works of art in form and function. To top it off, he's a down to earth guy that truly enjoys sitting down with his customers in that little pipe shop in Clayton, Ohio, and discussing current events over a bowl or two of his fantastic house blend. I always make it a point to drop in when I'm in the area. Picked up a gem of a freehand beauty (at a marvelous price) and had a chat just today. Thanks Tom!

Thanks for reviving this gem of a thread. I had never heard of this carver before. weird but cool style.