Tom Petty ain't here no more

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
What ever you're looking forrrrrrr,
Tom Petty ain't here no moooorrrre.

He gave it up. Stop! Aaaahh ooohh
Not playing any longer

66, and no longerrrrr.....

See yah Tom. Love your art. :(

WOW, what a shame @ 66 the sudden loss of Tom Petty :(:(

REST IN PEACE

JUST RELEASED.......

LAPD clarifies it cannot confirm Tom Petty's death

To be continued

Released 6 minutes ago...

Legendary rocker Tom Petty remains in the hospital “clinging onto life,” according to TMZ. He isn’t expected to live much longer.
The 66-year-old singer and songwriter was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital Sunday night after being found unconscious and not breathing in his Malibu home. He suffered from a heart attack, according to TMZ. He was placed on life support but has been removed after he had no brain activity, TMZ reported.
A chaplain has been called to Petty’s room, and the family has a do not resuscitate order on him.
Conflicting reports on Monday said the singer had passed away.
CBS cited the Los Angeles Police Department as its source, reporting that the rock legend had died. But LAPD later tweeted that this was an inadvertent mistake and that they had no investigative role in the case. Malibu is in the county of Los Angeles, not the city of Los Angeles.
CBS has since deleted the tweet announcing Petty’s death.

Apparently he has been removed from life support and shows no signs of mental activity at all. Yet another musical great will no longer be with us. Rest in peace Tom!

No cheer today
Jim

Yup, I read he was taken off life support and this was released about 15 minutes ago....

Los Angeles (AP) -- A spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department says it has no information on the well-being of Tom Petty and its spokespeople did not provide info CBS News used to report the rocker had died.

Officer Tony Im said Monday that the LAPD did not respond to any incident involving the rocker. CBS has since amended its story, and the trade Variety also retracted its obituary, which cited an unnamed source confirming Petty's death.

"It was not our office, definitely not," Im said Monday afternoon. "If it's not a police matter, our public information office does not comment on stuff like that"

It still doesn't sound good for him though. If he does survive will he ever be the same? I doubt he would ever return to performance if he does make it. The prognosis is very grim when you have a cardiac event and aren't breathing but it gets even worse when the time you've been unresponsive and not breathing isn't known.

''Twas just tweeted......

He's Alive....He's Alive

Now where have I heard that before... :scratch: :scratch: :fpalm: 

LET's PRAY FOR THE BEST

N Y Times released 11 minutes ago Tom Petty dies after cardiac arrest. 
So now it's official. 

REST IN PEACE TOM PETTY

Always thought Tom Petty was a great artist and I love the drumming of Stan Lynch, who I know hasn't been with Tom for years.

Anyway, RIP Tom Petty.