Tomorrow I prepare for...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
... a colonoscopy on Tuesday. That means no food and no pipe. I gotta take this crap in the morning and them more of some other crap at 3pm every 30 minutes until I'm done with it. Then I... well, you know the rest! Tuesday morning at 8:45 I go in to the hospital which is 45 minutes away! Hopefully everything will turn out ok!

Fun stuff. Due to past health issues I have already had two. The worst part is the prep.. :face:

Sounds like a heck of a time. Kinda reminds me of a gal I met in Singapore. Or was it Beruit? I forget........

Anyway, good luck!

Ozark Wizard":4ylgxai3 said:
Sounds like a heck of a time. Kinda reminds me of a gal I met in Singapore. Or was it Beruit? I forget........

Anyway, good luck!
Gal in Singapore, huh?

Kinda reminds me of eating the cabbage I should have left off the fish taco in Ensenada.. :affraid:

I dunno, I think I’d rather give a breech birth to an adult porcupine than go through the prep for another colonoscopy. I’ve had my last one. Good luck to all that have to endure the misery. :no:

AJ

I get one every year. Dos says it's either that or I get the big ..C..My father died from colon cancer.I don't want to go there.Besides I get peanut butter crackers and coke after it's over..Be brave.You'll do just fine.

Puffy":i56gfkod said:
I get one every year. Dos says it's either that or I get the big ..C..My father died from colon cancer.I don't want to go there.Besides I get peanut butter crackers and coke after it's over..Be brave.You'll do just fine.
Good call. I get one every 5 years due to a genetic trait on my dad’s side of the family with growing adenomas. I have had seven removed, five 11 years ago and two last year, and I am 45. Thankfully I got on the colonoscopy train because it probably saved my life.

Anyway, best of luck to you, Corncobcon, in your upcoming procedure. Hopefully it’s a clean scan.

If you are over 60 years of age, not having a colonoscopy is asking for trouble. It is a pain in the ass (so to speak) but a necessary part of getting older. Better to know you have polyps and diverticulitis and they are not bleeding than to find you have issues and surgery is the only answer. Yeah, the prep is terrible but a necessary part of the process.
Walt

Had a scare a while back (all clear)...I wasn't expecting to have to do that at the ripe old age of 28.

Like everyone else said - the prep is the worst part. Make sure you have some good reading material.

AJ":3mqdx24p said:
I dunno, I think I’d rather give a breech birth to an adult porcupine than go through the prep for another colonoscopy. I’ve had my last one. Good luck to all that have to endure the misery. :no:

AJ
You're not really selling it AJ :shock:

Conrad, I'm sure you'll be fine old boy. Just brace yourself and, err, think of England.

I had one while I was in the hospital recently . Their fun :cheers: :twisted: :twisted:

Its not the most fun you'll ever have with your pants down but the alternative is a true horror show brother! My slightly older brother had one last week and had to have multiple polyps removed. He's all of 49. Good luck you'll do just fine.

Jim

Stick":oqifoxek said:
AJ":oqifoxek said:

AJ
You're not really selling it AJ :shock:
Not trying to sell anything old boy. Just stated my choice. I had one done a couple of years back and all was ok. I had told my doctor to look close because if everything was clear I wasn’t going to do it again. After the procedure he told me, due to my age, another one shouldn’t be necessary. My life, my choice, my way. Certainly not for everyone but for me it’s the way it is. :)

AJ

I won’t even tell you guys my colonoscopy story...which is long (er, the story) and weaves it’s way betwixt “interesting”, “gross”, “bizarre” and “thrilling”.  I’ll just say that the procedure likely saved my life, that I am absolutely the poster child for growing polyps and that the meds they give you to knock you out for the procedure are amazing (off and on like a light switch).

PS: there are several different types of pre-proceedure preps they can prescribe. The cheap one is gross and has you choke down gallons of vile stuff...the expensive one is like two glasses of flavored water. You pick.

PPS: I’m now on the annual colonoscopy regime. Pretty exciting. Even though the genetic testing they did on me showed me to be negative for any of the 6 - 8 genetic markers for being predisposed to a high level of polyp growth...I am THE master gardener.

I had one.... my HMO sent a hamster with a go pro up there... not fun... unless you are Richard Gere

I had one a few years ago. Go with the expensive prep, it’s quick at least lol. They put me out for it, so it wasn’t that bad. Being put under is probably the strangest experience of my life, btw. Aside from some minor discomfort for a day after, not too bad. Until I got the bill haha.