Tonight I May Have Caused A Car Accident

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
It's snowing and it doesn't appear that the plows are out yet. The speed limit on MN Highway 62 is 55 mph. I was driving home on 62 and because it hadn't been plowed was driving between 45 and 50 mph. For a couple of miles, a vehicle, which turned out to be a minivan, was tailgating me in the right lane, instead of just moving into the left lane. 62 became the very long Mendota Bridge, which I knew would be slippery and treacherous. I slowed to about 40 mph because at the end of the bridge I have to take a sharp right turn which is designated 20 mph. On the bridge, the driver of the minivan finally moved to the left lane, and as he passed me beeped his horn and flipped me off, then proceeded to hit the left guard rail, slide immediately across into the right lane and hit the right guard rail, then slide back to the left lane. I was fortunately able to pass by him, reach the end of the bridge and exit.. I assume he damaged both sides of his vehicle.

I don't see where there could possibly be any fault on your end. Hopefully no one was hurt and the other driver learned a lesson about driving.

Not your fault the other driver was an idiot. I love it when karma strikes and I get to witness it. Couple weeks ago I was exiting the Walmart parking lot. I stopped at the street as there was traffic approaching. Guy behind me honks his horn and is right on my bumper. After traffic passed I pulled out into the two lane road. Guy behind me, in a BMW, with CA plates, blows around me, gives me the one finger wave and heads down the hill where at the bottom sits a PD radar car. Limit is 45 and I'm sure the guy was doing 60 or better. Cop pulls out ahead of me and lights him up. I just waved at him as I went by, lol.

And today in the Costco parking lot I'm pushing a shopping cart to my car. A woman in a large SUV backs out quite fast and knocks over my cart and damn near hit me. She stopped immediately because there was impact noise. She just sat in her car looking straight ahead until she must have caught me in the corner of her eye as I approached the passenger side window. I yelled, "You hit my cart and just missed hitting me." She rolled down the window and said, "I'm really sorry. I guess I wasn't looking." I told her not to move an inch until I righted the cart and put my stuff back in it. I was very lucky that I wasn't injured and there was nothing in my cart broken.

And today in the Costco parking lot I'm pushing a shopping cart to my car. A woman in a large SUV backs out quite fast and knocks over my cart and damn near hit me. She stopped immediately because there was impact noise. She just sat in her car looking straight ahead until she must have caught me in the corner of her eye as I approached the passenger side window. I yelled, "You hit my cart and just missed hitting me." She rolled down the window and said, "I'm really sorry. I guess I wasn't looking." I told her not to move an inch until I righted the cart and put my stuff back in it. I was very lucky that I wasn't injured and there was nothing in my cart broken.
Glad you weren't hurt.

I hate parking lots for just these sorts of reasons. Too easy to get in a driver's blind spot, and many of them don't check thoroughly before backing out. That's one reason I try and park so I can drive straight out and find a spot further away from an entrance where there aren't as many cars.

Cheers,

RR

Parking lots scare the heck out of me, people drive like maniacs. I try to walk between parking lane, like where people don't drive. I've been hit too many times, I'm super cautious in parking lots.

Parking lots scare the heck out of me, people drive like maniacs. I try to walk between parking lane, like where people don't drive. I've been hit too many times, I'm super cautious in parking lots.
Summer, short sleeve; winter long sleeve, safety green and safety orange t-shirts. I buy them from Jiffy Shirts by the dozen. My jackets are all bright yellow. I want drivers to see me.

Although karma and reincarnation are tied together in some Eastern religions I don't believe in reincarnation but it seems there just has to be karma in the sense of a cosmic set of balance scales with good on one pan and bad on the other pan. I've just seen too many examples of what looks like karma to think it doesn't exist.

Even Christians have: "God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap."

Maybe there really is some supernatural balance that each of us has.

I'm sure there is a version of karma applied, most arseholes I've observed eventually get their comeuppance at some stage, however I've seen people that didn't seem to deserve it get whumped too.