Took A Shot!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Dock, you just might find a gem in that collection. Let us know what's what...

Keep us apprised, it will be interesting to see what's in that lot.

Well... I passed on it.

The auction adress was listed as Pennsylvania, the invoice from ebay listed a California adress and the seller wanted me to send a money order to another name in Arizona in care of someone else!

The whole deal sounded just to fishy to risk losing nearly $325- on!

Better to know now than later I suppose!

Dock
:pipe:

That does sound pretty fishy. Sorry to hear that. But you're right; better to be safe now rather than sorry later.

Seriously fishy, and the guy only has 2 transactions on EBay :| I think I'd be writing a little explanation to EBay right out of the gate rather than waiting to respond to his neg feedback.

Or you could just pay him through Payal with a credit card and (auction says he prefers paypal) and tell him that you'll initiate a fraud complaint and take your money back if the items don't show up in good condition in 15 days. That'll put the pressure on him as a seller.

That does sound like a rip-off. People like that will go down at some point. I'm glad they didn't get you!!!

I settled everything this morning.The gentleman from e-bay that I spoke with also thought that it sounded questionable and suggested that I not follow though with it.I did get a nasty e-mail from the seller which I kindly responded too.I was refered to as an "unresponsible seller" which is almost laughable when you see my feedback as well as the fact that I've been a member since 2000! :lol:

Best,
Dock
:pipe: