Transportation case

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertpiper

Reaction score
I thinking about something like this for a while. Then I saw the basic same setup somewhere else. That inspired me to do my own version. The edges are a little jagged but it works just fine. And no, it's not a Pelican case. I bought this at a Harbor Freight for about half the cost.
pipe case-1.jpg

I did something similar for my travel needs. Even used the cheap Harbor Freight box and had worked just as well as an actual pelican case for a couple years now.

I did something similar for my travel needs. Even used the cheap Harbor Freight box and had worked just as well as an actual pelican case for a couple years now.
They maybe be harbor freight but they sure feel very solid. I'm going to have to get the next size smaller for my rockhhounding excursions.

Very nicely done, I've got an old microphone case floating around that I might repurpose for my travel needs.

Love hacks like this. I've owned a couple traditional leather pipe bags, and I didn't care for them. A shaving (Dopp) kit bag works just as well. I'd use something like this. The folks over in the wet shaving world are always busy retrofitting containers with 3-D printed inserts and making 3-D printed traveling contraptions. DIY all the way.

Have a couple of nice leather pouches but they always seemed cramped. Got a ladies nylon makeup bag and it works great. Holds 2/3 pipes, couple baggies of tobacco, lighter and tools. Small and easy to carry. Cost all of $4 at Walmart.

Not that I fly lately, but I would imagine this would be a good option for a carry on. You could stuff it in the overhead no sweat.

I wanted to put some old gear to new/good use. I’ve got an old butt pack from my old military gear that I’ve ribbon threaded an old neoprene wader material I had into it. It allows me to carry 2-3 pipes and two mason/ball jars of tobacco. Very crude but also extremely cheap!

Attachments

• 7A5D3E26-55F7-42C2-B8F0-8D0EEB1B5437.jpeg
    7A5D3E26-55F7-42C2-B8F0-8D0EEB1B5437.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 83
  • 7E8D24BF-742D-44A8-9894-B676FCB290E0.jpeg
    7E8D24BF-742D-44A8-9894-B676FCB290E0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • 71D31300-5977-4E9C-9D80-4AB8F816AD4C.jpeg
    71D31300-5977-4E9C-9D80-4AB8F816AD4C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
I wanted to put some old gear to new/good use. I’ve got an old butt pack from my old military gear that I’ve ribbon threaded an old neoprene wader material I had into it. It allows me to carry 2-3 pipes and two mason/ball jars of tobacco. Very crude but also extremely cheap!
I used something very similar. The issue I had with it was worrying about breaking the jars or pipes unless I as careful with putting them into my vehicle. So, this is what I came up with. I can literally toss them into my jeep and not worry about breaking anything. lol