Trashed A Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffy

Reaction score
I just did something today for only the second time in my life.I threw a pipe in the trash can.It was given to me about 5 years ago.It had a thin spot in the bowl which over time developed a pretty wide vertical split.The sad part is the pipe smoked really good,but I just thought it was beyond fixing.I treasure my pipes and it's sad to do this to one of them.The good news is that I have more pipes than I really need so I won't lack for something to smoke.

don't feel bad - all pipes do not smoke equally great - some may look great but smoke terrible, etc. better to clean out the less than stellar ones and enjoy the best you have.

I once threw my entire "collection" of about 20 pipes into the trash, but not before indulging myself by snapping the stems. Felt really good for about 12 seconds.

Richard Burley":gi6wxqhn said:
I once threw my entire "collection" of about 20 pipes into the trash, but not before indulging myself by snapping the stems. Felt really good for about 12 seconds.
This causes me much physical and psychological pain! :cry:

Once the bowl is split it's pretty much over for all but the most valuable/best smoking pipes. I think you did what had to be done, NCguy.

That said, many poor smoking pipes can be modified to smoke great with some alterations. I've never been shy about buying a pipe I liked the look of because 9/10 times if it doesn't smoke well I can fiddle with it until it does.

Sad day indeed. Sometimes you do have to let an old friend go though. You'll always have fond memories of that pipe. I myself would have kept the stem though. I'm a pack rat and I'm sure I could find a bowl in need of a stem that it would fit. Lol yes I'm hopeless.

Jim