Traveling To Concerts

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanubutter

Reaction score
Back in 2011 I won tickets to see the Big 4 in California and drove from Wyoming to Indio to see Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer. The largest crowd and distance I have traveled for a concert. And a trip to see Barry Manilow in Glendale, Arizona with the wife which turned out to be a great concert and Dave Koz was there as well, bonus. Denver, CO has concerts as well that I attend, Def Tones, Motley Crue, etc. Cheyenne has concerts during the big rodeo week in July but does not compare to the ones I traveled to.

Anyone else gone to extremes to see a concert? Best concert you have attended?

Back in '05 I flew from Seattle to London for the Cream reunite concert. Caught them on opening night of a 4 concert performance at the RAH.

Cheers,

RR

Back in my day before the intarwebs we used to camp out overnight for tickets. Camping out overnight in the pouring rain for 20 hours qualify?

Best concert: King Crimson 1982 Asbury Park

That was a long trip Brewdude. A great band to go see.

Zanaspus, the web has made ticket purchasing easier with the downside of availability at times. I haven't had to camp for tickets or endure unpleasant weather, luckily.

We traveled from sea to shining sea from MSP to Grateful Dead and JGB Band shows. This time of year we would be getting home from the Chinese New Year run in the Bay area. :shock:

Never really traveled far just for a show but growing up in a college town meant a lot of interesting acts came through.

GWAR might have been the most fun. I was lucky enough to see Sharon Jones before she passed and her live performance was really powerful. Skatalites, Dick Dale, Del the Funkee Homosapien, X, Melvins...

Napalm Death might have been the most brutal, like being kick in the chest by a mule for 30 min.

Grew up 2 hours from DC and Baltimore. As a kid, we'd have to drive to the old "Capital Center" (now gone) to get in line to purchase tickets, we'd be there before the box office opened usually around 7 AM. I remember my first concert, Ted Nugent (Cat Scratch Fever tour). Tickets went on sale that day for Parliment as well. So, you have standing in line a couple of heavy-metal guys, long hair, jean jacket vests, metal band patches some very urban guys with boom boxes blasting Parliament. They asked us who we were waiting for, they never heard of Ted Nugent and us, never heard of Parliament. Funny, now, I prefer Parliament!

The Cap Center was where the documentary "Heavy Metal Parking Lot was shot, for a Judas Priest concert (I was at that concert as well) The documentary pretty much captures the vibe. We saw stuff in that parking lot and in the bathrooms that made us wise beyond our years. At around the 3 min mark, there's a dude in DC 101 t-shirt, that was require wear. DC 101 was the home to "The Greaseman" back in those days, an early "shock jock".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDDnuhbDFeY