Trout Bum has BIG news!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Reaction score
Uhmm.... well, guess what? My girlfriend is... pregnent! I just found out last week and my head is still spinning. What an incredible blessing, on so many levels. It looks like we will most likely move back up to Alaska to be near friends and family... we are both from AK. At any rate, just wanted to share; will keep you posted.

Totally psyched,

Trout Bum

PS We are both 40 years old, and this was very unexexpted!

PPS There is a very real possibility of opening a fishing lodge. Oh, YES!

PPPS I AM STOKED BEYOND BELIEF!

Congrats!

Keep us posted on the fishing lodge as well, have always wanted to fish in Alaska.

Congrats to you and your partner...

You might want to add this to the list...make it number one:

Subject: Re: 10 Random Facts About Me *Please Join In* Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a great thread! Thanks to everyone who shared.

Alright, 10 things about me:

1. I was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska. And believe me, it was wild and wooly. I am a 4th generation Alaskan, and, since it has only been a state since 1959, that is very rare. My mother's side of the family is from Alaska, my father's from Colorado, where I live now. (You just can't beat 300 days of sun a year!)

2. I am told that I am an exceptional cook. I worked in kitchens while ski bumming, while in college and just after, from steak houses to a four star hotel on the National Historic Registry (it was the Stanley Hotel, in Estes Park, Colorado -- they filmed the Shining there...). I rarely use a recipe or a measuring device of any sort -- unless baking, which I could be better at. I especially like cooking Italian, but also can cook any type of seafood, bbq, love to make homemade soups, Chinese food, and of course Mexican (my green chile is flippin' killer, IMHO...).

4. I have skied naked in a snowstorm, fly fished naked with a dry fly and caught a 16 inch rainbow, rock climbed naked all except for a chalk bag and climbing shoes, and have recently cooked an elaborate breakfast in the buff.

5. I have launched a 50 foot cliff, on 210 cm skis, in a raging snowstorm, while tripping on high grade LSD, and stuck the landing. (not naked)

6. I have, at one time or another, mostly in my younger days, lived out of my car, in a tent, on a boat, in a treehouse, in an old abandoned cabin, in a simple hut in the jungle, and out of a backpack. Looking back, those were some of the best times in my life.

7. I backpacked, solo, for six months, starting on the Yucatan Peninsula, through Belize, Guatemala, and finally Honduras. I did this just after I graduated from college. I explored many remote Mayan temples and ruins, studied Spanish, got to know myself in a way one only can when traveling solo in foreign countries, became a PADI certified scuba diver, swam with sharks, smoked the most amazing joint ever -- a three footer rolled by a British guy in the middle of a Guatemalan cafe, and met many remarkable people from all over the world. An incredible trip, on so many different levels.

8. In Alaska, I have: commercial fished in Cook Inlet and Bristol Bay, been a certified National Weather Observer and lived in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE (Alaska grade "Middle of Nowhere," if you know what I mean), worked in a cannery one summer, bungie jumped illegally off the highest bridge in the state, recently completed a Master's degree in Education, was lucky enough to have fly fished many very remote streams only because my buddies were bush pilots, have had many bear encounters, have mushed a dog team on the historic Iditarod Trail (not the actual race, but just for fun), and eaten more fresh salmon, halibut, crab, clams, scallops, and moose than you could shake a stick at.

9. I am empathic, highly intuitive, and can "read" most people quickly and easily.

10. I believe in the power of a positive mental attitude, I believe in a loving God, I believe in smiling and nodding at other people passing by for no reason what so ever. I stretch every morning.

Congrats on the great news!! Some fishing trips may be in the future while we smoke a pipe or three LOL

Congrats, helping to raise a child is the greatest adventure you'll ever have. So, do you know who the father is?!? :lol!:

Best advice I can give is when she's hurting, don't you dare not hurt with her. Or worse yet, say "it will be OK honey"; pregnant women have unbelievable strength and have been known to kill for lesser infractions. :mrgreen:

Natch

Congrats - there's nothing better in life than watching the little ones grow up and helping them along the way.

Congratulations TroutBum. If you decide to move back, keep in touch so we can get together and share a bowl or two. Maybe we can go slay some kings! 8)

Bill

Arcticsmoke --

Yes, we shall have to go fishing as well as visit over a bowl or two. I used to get up to Willow a lot; have friends with places there. I will let you know! We are thinking about living in Girdwood or maybe Eagle River....

Any good Anchorage smoke shops you like?

Way to go Trout,what blend had you smoked before the conception? I want to
know for selfish reasons. :roll:

Winslow :sunny:

Congrats TB, my wife leaves for Texas on Tuesday for the birth of our first Granddaughter (daughter will be induced on the 2nd if nature hasn't intervened by then). This will be our third grandchild, but first little girl. We'll be heading out in June to watch the eldest graduate High School, so I'll get to see her then, can't wait!

Thanks everybody!

Perhaps I was smoking Bohemian Scandal... wait, it WAS 3 Star Blue!

Again, I am just ecstatic, bowled over, blown away....

Making spaghetti right now... afterwards, a nice, slow, contemplative and thankul smoke!