True Grit

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
AMC has been running the Duke Christmas Day marathon topped off with "True Grit" playing right now. Has to be the 2nd best all time western only behind "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

John Wayne's only Oscar winning roll!

Funny, I'm watching it too on amc... I was thinking of posting as well... must be that we share birthdays :lol:

My favourite John Wayne movie is the one with Catherine Hepburn who was the mionister's daughter that got killed and he helped her... forget the name of the movie

Forgot that Robert Duvall was in this movie... actually, he wasn't so well-known then

Slow Puffs":67yolrod said:
My favourite John Wayne movie is the one with Catherine Hepburn who was the mionister's daughter that got killed and he helped her... forget the name of the movie
Rooster Cogburn,,,cracked me up when he admitted his real name was Ruben,,,,

We were watching Hondo right before it, but switched it over to Casablanca instead of True Grit. We're hopeless romantics I guess. :D

I wanted to watch True Grit, but I got up for work at 4:30 a.m and after a half day of work came home at 11:00 a.m. Then we had family over all day. I was so tired I went to bed instead of watching the movie. :oops:

LtMac

We didn't know. Cathy and her mom always watch the same movies.

Bells of St. Mary's
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The Cowboys

So we did get a Duke fix.

Scanning through the channels last night after entertaining and eating our way into a stupor, we also viewed Casablanca, a film that never gets old. Somehow missed John Wayne's epic films, darn.
A belated Merry Christmas to all fellow Brothers this morning as I didn't post anything yesterday.
Doc
:santa:

The Rooster Cogburn character is classic for sure but True Grit in MHO is much better than the sequel titled "Rooster Cogburn".

"The Shootist" is my second favorite John Wayne movie. It followed True Grit last night but there was no way that I could stay up for it. I've probably seen it at least ten times anyway.