Trying a new tobacco in a new pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
So I took the Ardor silver spigot with amber look stem and loaded it with a tobacco I'd never smoked before C&D Chenet's Cake. The tobacco came in a rather expansive purchase I made privately of some aged tobaccos and there were 7 tins of Chenet's Cake. I bought this particular tobacco based on many positive ratings from folks whose ratings I find that I can rely on and find that our palates seem to be rather similar.

I have yet to find an Ardor smoke poorly, if anything they are like the bulk of Italian pipes I own that always give a fine dry smoke and can be a good tasting ground when trying something new. This tobacco needed very little in the way of preparation in that I merely removed enough to rub between my fingers to break it up and pack the pipe. I'm very happy that I purchased 7 tins as it is one I will revisit often, regards.
banjo

34415337572_f0430eee14_b_d.jpg

A very handsome pipe. Congratulations!

I can't speak for the tobacco as I have no experience with it, but I do hope you continue to enjoy it in good health.

Wow! Beautiful pipe, and you have the technique and timing of capturing the zephyr of airborne smoke down pat. Do you often get these in one take?

Most of the time if the wind isn't an issue.
banjo

KevinM":f6au3wug said:
Wow! Beautiful pipe, and you have the technique and timing of capturing the zephyr of airborne smoke down pat. Do you often get these in one take?