Tun Tavern Marrakesh Cafe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuruma

Reaction score
I posted this on another board but I like to share the wealth so here it is:

It's my first so be gentle. :face:
This was recieved from JohnnyFlake and had a date on the top of 2005, July I believe. On opening I got a very nice tin aroma. Can't really place it but it reminded me of dried fruits. Raisins maybe. The tobacco looked and felt like sliced jerky. Rubbed it out and let it sit for about an hour before packing.

Packed my La Rocca NOVO using the Frank Method and took a test draw. So far so good. Lit this with a Thunderbird lighter and she stayed lit very well. My initial taste was of fruit but now I'm thinking it was a Va taste. My sense of the tobacco tastes are not developed yet. This flavor stayed unti half way and then I got burnt chocolate type flavors and some Spice hit. Orientals :cheers: These stayed until the end of the bowl and complimented the Va very well. ash was very neat grayish color and cleaned right up. Not much mess a muss with this blend.I enjoyed it.

The bad news is that this blend is soon to go the way of the DoDo. Knox Cigars is nixing it due to the amount they have to order from S. Gawith, the blender. I'm in contact with them and will see if I can work something out with them to get maybe a group buy in for the boards before they get rid of it altogether. Just contact Marisa at Knox Cigars for more information on it.

I tried many times to purchase some of Knox's own blends, but they were out everytime. They seemed to have a cronic shortage. Stopped trying, eventually. Still wish I could buy some, but only if the blends were available on a regular basis. Marrakesh Cafe was never in my list.

I agree that Marrakesh Cafe is a very nice blend. Certainly pronounced in the orientals (as one would expect), but also very well-balanced. It is a shame it may be no more. :(

Afternoon all, i bought a pound of this, b-4 it had a name in Rickmond'04. ken.
pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

Just from what I've gathered off of the several boards I lurk on Knox has lost a ton of money with the business decisions concerning Tavern Tobacco. I keep hearing SG won't make it for us unless we place a huge order, but it always seems to have a huge demand. How many hundreds/thousands of tins would it take? I can't see SG refusing an order for 2-300 tins, and with the demand I've seen I can't imagine that lasting long.

I wonder if "the order" would be cheaper if everything was purchased in bulk. My guess is that the cost involved that is detrimental is the "tinning" of the blend. It might be easier to order 50 pounds of a blend rather then a minimum of "X" number of tins.

I'll never figure out why Knox gave up on those blends. They were really good and they sold out of them very fast when they did get a shipment. I guess we'll have to wait and see and hope the restock on them. I have called and asked about it and got the teaberry shuffle. I have just about given up completely on them :x