Two Days This Week at McDonald's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
The food is absolute crap and expensive. Earlier in the week I took my grandson to McDonald's for lunch. I bought one kid's meal and because I paid with a credit card didn't notice the cost. Today both my grandson and granddaughter begged to go to McDonald's for lunch. I didn't feel like making anything, so we went. Two kid's meals, one vanilla shake for the kids to split and a fillet of fish for me. $20.30 including tax. The kids seemed to like their food. My fillet of fish sandwich was dreadful. I ate almost half and pitched it. The line for orders was out the door. For $20.30, I could have made a fine meal for four.

The food is absolute crap and expensive. Earlier in the week I took my grandson to McDonald's for lunch. I bought one kid's meal and because I paid with a credit card didn't notice the cost. Today both my grandson and granddaughter begged to go to McDonald's for lunch. I didn't feel like making anything, so we went. Two kid's meals, one vanilla shake for the kids to split and a fillet of fish for me. $20.30 including tax. The kids seemed to like their food. My fillet of fish sandwich was dreadful. I ate almost half and pitched it. The line for orders was out the door. For $20.30, I could have made a fine meal for four.
McDonalds in the last year or so have gotten ridiculously expensive. About the only thing I ever get there is their senior coffee which is pretty good, and their 2 for $2 sausage biscuit for breakfast once in a while. I've been behind others in line and it amazes me to see folks paying $20+ for a couple of burgers. Wife and I can get burgers and fries, and I get the double double, at in and out for about $9.

About the only fast food my wife and I get is Chick fil a. It seems to be the best to us but still higher than a Giraffe's ass. Last time I ate something other than a biscuit like Ranger from McD's I told myself never again. Our local Dairy Queen sports a very good hamburger and the onion rings are out of this world. Makes me want to go there now.

I'm not a huge McD fan, but oddly enough it is a perfect "on the road" food. If I'm ever in need of a meal while driving, that's one of my go-tos. $6.99 for the 2 cheeseburger combo with large fries and large drink isn't too bad. It's those fancy sandwiches that get you.

And in the words of a good friend of mine... "it'll make a turd"

Odd, in Aus, Maccas don't do sandwiches, just burgers, fries etc. and their salads and other "healthy" crap. If in dire need I'll grab a double quarter pounder burger from them or a McFeast, but I haven't touched any of their stuff since the pandemic began. I much prefer the Aussie Burger King double bacon burger for my filthy fast food needs.

About the only fast food my wife and I get is Chick fil a. It seems to be the best to us but still higher than a Giraffe's ass. Last time I ate something other than a biscuit like Ranger from McD's I told myself never again. Our local Dairy Queen sports a very good hamburger and the onion rings are out of this world. Makes me want to go there now.
Agree with you. We like Chick fil a, especially their tortilla soup. If I'm in a pinch on a road trip and just need food I will get their 2 for $2 spicy chicken. Throw away the bread and eat the chicken patties. But there are so many other better choices. Jack in the box Jumbo jack is better than a big mac and only about 3 bucks around here. Carl's Jr. breakfast sandwiches beat McD's by miles. McDs is my last choice.