Two Friends blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairlyStable

Reaction score
I seem not to hear a lot of discussion about the collaborative blends from Messrs. Tarler and Pease. Does anyone smoke them? I just finished a bowl of Heritage which I think is quite delicious and has been growing on me more and more lately. I would like to try another of their blends. Any recommendations?

Is Heritage the VA blend? If so, I have smoked that one and enjoyed it a ton. I have also smoked the Valle Crucis and though not quite my cup-0-tea any longer, I really enjoyed it when I was first checking into latakia blends. There's another one they offer, Irish Mist(?), something like that, that a buddy of mine LOVED. Hope that helps.

Redwood... that's some good stuff. Sweet Va's, a dash o perique, and supposedly a smidgen of Black Cav.

puros_bran":eecyav2n said:
Redwood... that's some good stuff. Sweet Va's, a dash o perique, and supposedly a smidgen of Black Cav.
THAT'S the one I was thinking of!!! Redwood's the one I smoked first of the bunch.

Thanks, hazmat and puros_bran.

Yes, Heritage is red and lemon VAs, brown and black Cavendish, a little burley, and apparently a light mystery topping. I could smoke this stuff all day. I think it is Celtic Mist that you are thinking of, hazmat.

Redwood sounds like a good bet. I'm not much into latakia at this point, either, but I'm loving Va's, vapers, burley and cavendish.

I used to smoke a lot of the Two Friends blends but the only one that I've ended up returning to is Redwood, which I rate as a top-notch Va/Per and cellar by the pound. Heritage is usually good, but I've noticed some discrepancies between batches and have stopped investing in it. Bed and Breakfast is a superb blend, but it bites my tongue a bit too much (probably an individual chemistry thing).

Damn you guys! I had forgotten that I put a pound of Redwood into mason jars a couple of years back, and now I'll just have to break into one. And I promised myself that I'd resist for at least 10 years. What the heck, I break promises to everyone else, might as well break them to myself as well. :mrgreen:

Gotta agree with hazmat also, I really didn't take a shine to Valle Crucis. Kind of sharp and almost bitter, it didn't like my tongue.

Natch

Deacon's Downfall is very good. It has latakia. It probably is an aromatic, but it is very different from any other aromatic that I have tried. Its spiciness works very well for me, making it a great change-of-pace blend. I need to order me some of this...