• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Two GBD pipes for sale

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunello

Reaction score
This will be my second to last posting of pipes for sale as I reorganize my collection. Two GBD pipes from the 70's made in London. Although I am the original owner I don't have box or socks for either - will use bubble wrap in a cardboard box to ship. Don't know why the pics came out so dark this time. One is a kind of Rosewood color Yachtsman that has literally not been smoked since 1995 - just sitting on the bottom shelf. The other one has a yellow brown finish. Pipe stands and tins not included. $20 each including shipping, which works out to $11.55 for each pipe, $8.45 for delivery (to most locations in the lower 48).

BoB-GBDboth.PNG

BoB-GBDcelebrity.PNG

GBD Celebrity series pipe stamped simply "1970" London Made. Has a 19mm bore (just a hair under 3/4") so prefers fine ribbons or gravity feed of cube cut. Mostly only used it with Stokkebye No. 41 cube cut (or aged Dunhill Flake cut into cubes). No rim charring or tooth chatter - looks clean.

BoB-GBDYachtsman.PNG

GBD 2871 Yachtsman. 21 mm bore, some faint tooth chatter on under side. Every few years I use Obsidian Oil on my vulcanite stems and this one is beginning to look like it could use a treatment. I will do that before shipping if requested, but haven't yet as some prefer to do use their own method of polishing.

Any further questions shoot me a PM. Thanks!