Two Lakelands Reviewed - One I love & one not so much....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bosun Cut Plug is great.. their Top Blk Cherry is the best cherry I have found. Their maple will be replacing my Autumn Evening this fall.

monbla256":m0kupg6y said:
My personal preference has always been for ketchup over Old Ladies Soap but everyone needs do as they enjoy! :twisted: 
Hey Monbla,
You have just suggested a new parfait blend that I'll have to try. A layer of Ennerdale topped with some McClelland Virginia. :cheers: 

DrumsAndBeer":0kksdvul said:
somedumbjerk":0kksdvul said:
i keep wanting to try the maple twist, if it makes you feel any better :D 
According to most of the rope fans Rum is awesome, maple is good, and coconut is "weird." Frankly they all sound interesting to me.
I picked up some of the black cherry rope awhile ago. It's my first scented rope beyond brown or black. I like it and can use it to strengthen blends a little differently than I would with the brown. Recommended if you're going to do a flight of ropes.

I'm thinking about getting a pound of ennerdale to store. I enjoy it but not as much as Kendal flake or Grasmere flake (and maybe rum flake, I just got my first 2 oz. so time will tell). I like 1792 but prefer dark flake scented and won't be stocking both. I prefer conniston cut plug to bosun cut plug also, if I were to repeat purchase one of those it would be ccp.