Two new (to me) GH blends. WooHoooo!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Father’s Day and I decided to order a couple of Gawith Hogarth blends I’d never tried.  Pretty sure I’ve been through every “serious” Blend they offer...so I thought I’d delve into some kinda toffee vanilla nougat stuff.  I picked two.  Descriptions are below.

PS: I really wanted to try the American Blend Sweet Peach...but budget concerns disallowed that.  Maybe as a Fall pick.

Anyway...drum roll please..............................

GH Black & Brown (4/4 star rating)

A slow burning blend of black cavendish, bright Virginia and burley. This is a cool, mild smoke. From the G&H Catalogue: Finest doubly fermented black cavendish combined with Virginias and burleys. The subtle aroma is achieved by the addition of creamy vanilla flavours. A cool and easy burning smoke.

GH Kentucky Nougat (4/4 star rating)

A light blend...creamy toffee background aroma and a hint of cocoa.

JimInks Sez:  (4 stars) A very rich toffee and cream provide much of what you will taste. There’s a light chocolate that lays under the other toppings...The black cavendish acts as a sweet smoothing base for the other components. The gold Virginia have a little grass, and some citrus, though the citrus doesn’t peek out too often. The burley is hardly noticeable...Won’t bite or get harsh. Burns at a moderate rate if you give it a light dry time; cool, clean with a silky, creamy sweetness that never weakens...Has a very pleasant, lingering after taste and room note...for beginners and experienced smokers.

Very nice Mr BH.

I wonder how the GH Kentucky Nougat compares to the PS blend of the same name? I always have a jar of the latter on the go for when the mood takes. Seems to go down well when I have company too.

I rather like Black & Brown. It sort of straddles the gap between traditional aros and savory smokes.

Those actually sound pretty nice! I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the intel!