Two New tobaccos - Watch City slices and Salty Dogs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelyJ

Reaction score
Salty Dogs and Watch City Slices. Both new to me.
6CD5B986-DF3F-4974-AD72-F5F7A5950239.jpeg

You’ll have to let us know what you think of them. I’ve been considering ordering a sampling assortment from watch city. They’re close enough for me to make a pilgrimage to. I’m not big into aromatics, so they the Mass prohibition doesn’t ruffle me enough to not go.

If you enjoy good Burley, you're gonna' love Watch City Slices!!!!!!! FTRPLT
I had my first bowl of it yesterday. I enjoyed it! I love a good burley, and I need to smoke more of this to see where I'd rank it - I've really been loving John Patton's Stormfront, Solani ABF, C&D's Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz - and I think I'm going to really like this one too!

You’ll have to let us know what you think of them. I’ve been considering ordering a sampling assortment from watch city. They’re close enough for me to make a pilgrimage to. I’m not big into aromatics, so they the Mass prohibition doesn’t ruffle me enough to not go.
Mass banned aromatic tobaccos? I'm not an aromatic fan either - every one I've ever tried felt like slightly sweet, often chemical, bland, hot air. Sometimes they leave my mouth feeling real dry too. I know their smells are crowd-pleasing, but man, they just do nothing for me at all.

As for Watch City, I've seen lots of good things - and when talking about burleys the Slices have been recommended to me a few times. I also saw they were one of the only US retailers who had Salty Dog in stock (wanted to try this one too) so thought it was a good opportunity to grab 'em both. I'll post my thoughts on the Salty Dog when I give it a try - it's a cool looking little plug.

The Salty Dog is really good. The plug is moist and dense, I sliced off a flake and
Broke it up, rubbing it out wasn’t easy since it was almost sticky, so I just cut it up. I was worried that I didn’t let it dry enough - only a few minutes, but it is smoking fine with only an occasional relight needed. The run isn’t very noticeable, and the perique isn’t very spicy, but this is a very smooth, enjoyable tobacco. Natural sweetness. Room note (it’s so cold I’m smoking in the garage instead of my usual front porch spot) seems quite pleasant.

CD5F192E-EAFB-488C-B609-7D2D498B8CB7.jpeg

Attachments

• 35015000-FC4A-40D3-AC29-931A5FB9E7EB.jpeg
    35015000-FC4A-40D3-AC29-931A5FB9E7EB.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 56
  • F48B05C3-7184-403B-B89E-BD2C528F3FFE.jpeg
    F48B05C3-7184-403B-B89E-BD2C528F3FFE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Mass banned all flavored anything tobacco for sale in the state, but can still produce and mail it out. I may have try that salty dogs sometime soon. You really should get a space heater or something for your garage. It’s currently 11F here in ct, can’t be much warmer in Delaware. It pains me to think of you freezing out in the garage.

Mass banned all flavored anything tobacco for sale in the state, but can still produce and mail it out. I may have try that salty dogs sometime soon. You really should get a space heater or something for your garage. It’s currently 11F here in ct, can’t be much warmer in Delaware. It pains me to think of you freezing out in the garage.
Oh, the garage was ok today, my hoodie was perfectly warm enough, so no need for concern! I do have a space heater if it’s too cold out there too.I mostly smoke on the porch though, but not if it’s too miserable out.

That’s good. I smoke indoors at home, although I’ve relegated myself to a comfy smoking den in the basement since I bought a house.