Two old cobs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive display of cobdom, Banjo. I once had a HUGE Irwin S. Cobb "pot," I guess you would call it. Well over an inch in chamber diameter, and I'm trying to be conservative in recollection. No idea where they got corn that size for making a pipe. It may have been a radioactive mutant for all I know, because that's the way it smoked. After being lit it would develop a red hot "cherry" right in the center of the bowl, and from that point on you got nothing but hot air to taste. Needless to say, I tried every variety of puffing, packing, lighting, cut, etc. that I knew to change the outcome, but nothing helped. So I tossed it. Wish I had kept it just as an oddity, but back then a pipe to me was just a mundane smoking instrument.

It's a beautiful day for a corn dog. Almost no breeze to speak of and the humidity is perfect. I think I'll load up a bowl of St Andrews and have a nice sit under a tree.

Jim

Sounds perfect Jim, but I guess it'll just have to do.

Regards,

Stick.

Slight change in the line up. Switched to FVF as the wind kicked up but I got a nice slow burn out of the cubes I cut.