UFOs?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
Seen any?  Believe they exist? 

There's been a flurry of sightings locally.  I remember hearing stories 40+ years ago when the nearby nuclear plant was being built but nothing since. Two levelheaded friends of mine were fishing bullheads Thursday night and saw lights suddenly appear on the surface of the lake and silently rise quickly through the clouds around midnight.

The fish had been biting steadily up until then and quit, but bullhead are famous for turning their feeding activity on and off at the drop of a hat. Don't know what to make of it but I have yet to see something I couldn't explain in the sky or elsewhere.

I was kidnapped about 17 years ago by a group that said they were from Venus, well, they didn't really talk to me it was all mind transfer. When I pulled out my pipe to smoke they thought it was a weapon and were scared to death. I then knew I had the upper hand, so I told them to take me back to earth while I held the pipe like a pistol at them and they obliged without hesitation. In fact I made them stop at a DQ (Dairy Queen) and buy me a Banana Split. The money exchange was a bit difficult because there's naturally isn't the same as ours but, I was able to convince the gal at the counter that the government would reimburse her for it. So needless to say I'm home safe and I don't think they'll ever return knowing how many weapons/ pipes I have.  ;) 

Cartaphilus":dcdetyom said:
I was kidnapped about 17 years ago by a group that said they were from Venus, well, they didn't really talk to me it was all mind transfer. When I pulled out my pipe to smoke they thought it was a weapon and were scared to death. I then knew I had the upper hand, so I told them to take me back to earth while I held the pipe like a pistol at them and they obliged without hesitation. In fact I made them stop at a DQ (Dairy Queen) and buy me a Banana Split. The money exchange was a bit difficult because there's naturally isn't the same as ours but, I was able to convince the gal at the counter that the government would reimburse her for it. So needless to say I'm home safe and I don't think they'll ever return knowing how many weapons/ pipes I have.  ;) 
Ya been in the Piney Woods a bit long now Ron, time to come back to town  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":a4yo3bpj said:
Cartaphilus":a4yo3bpj said:
Ya been in the Piney Woods a bit long now Ron, time to come back to town  :twisted: :twisted: 
No sir, its not quite safe yet without my tin foil hat. There's others still out there and
here shortly they sent me mind transfers that said they were going to invade Cuba and
force the occupants to make poison cigars and shoot them at us. I'm stay'en right here in this cellar where I know it's safe, I suggest you do the same.

I've seen many unexplained things in the sky while driving at night the past 20 years.

I don't know if they were terrestrial, extraterrestrial, boredom/fatigue induced.. Who really knows.

It does bother me that people are quick with the tin foil hat, insanity nonsense when ever the topic is brought up. The only humerous thing is the people quickest to label you a nut job for seeing the unexplained are usually the same folk that think the government is a big one world conspiracy out to get their guns n bibles.

puros_bran":mdp223tn said:
The only humerous thing is the people quickest to label you a nut job for seeing the unexplained are usually the same folk that think the government is a big one world conspiracy out to get their guns n bibles.
But, being paranoid doesn't mean that everyone's not out to 'get them' ...

puros_bran":ayvfltu6 said:
 The only humerous thing is the people quickest to label you a nut job for seeing the unexplained are usually the same folk that think the government is a big one world conspiracy out to get their guns n bibles.
Pfft. That's ludicrous. Everyone knows the one world government really wants to harvest our organs. What are you, some sorta nut job?

puros_bran":1k65ka1i said:
It does bother me that people are quick with the tin foil hat, insanity nonsense when ever the topic is brought up.  The only humerous thing is the people quickest to label you a nut job for seeing the unexplained are usually the same folk that think the government is a big one world conspiracy out to get their guns n bibles.
That's ME!  ;) 

I don't know if there is or is not another race out there. If there is I fear it will do us no good. I've seen my fair share of strange things but, that's where it ends. Don't care to know if there is, don't want to know if there is.
And as a note, I was just trying to put a little poorly executed levity into the conversation. Whether I did a good job of it or not is obvious.

I'm pretty sure the only person that said anything about another race is you. Mark said UFOs. UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS. You do realize that's a very broad category that encompasses any Flying Object that is Unidentified.

"Was that a bird or a real big bug?" .. "Dunno". <<< UFO
"Is that a satellite or a planet?" .. "Dunno". <<<UFO.
"It's a bird" "it's a plane" "it's superman" <<< not a UFO (even though he's an alien)
"Is that a government drone spying on my ammo stash under my King James?".. "Dunno". <<<UFO at a tin foil hat wearing convention.

I have seen and felt a lot of things that can't be explained. I honestly believe that there is a good possibility of other life out there and a spiritual world that is not visible to us. That doesn't make me a nut job. It just means that we don't have the ability to see and understand things outside our physical realm, and even alot in our physical realm. I just tend to look at strage occurences as something we can't explain yet.

I haven't seen anything that's made me go hmmm yet. Statistically speaking, however, it's probable that there is life out there. I just haven't seen any of it personally.

Remember X-Files? I want to believe? I think that has a lot to do with most UFO sightings.

mark":uo9fv4w9 said:
Seen any? 
Saw UFO once  8) 

image82.jpg

It has been suggested that, as a crude approximation, there are as many stars in the universe as there are grains of sand on our planet. If each of these stars has just 2 planets in its system, well, that's a lot of planets. It would be pretty naive to think we were the only planet capable of sustaining intelligent life, and perhaps even more naive to think that we're the more intelligent...

Seen far too many unexpalneable things driving late at night in desolate areas to say there's no way. Do I believe....... I definitely don't disbelieve but I will always want emperical proof before I do believe. Could the things I've seen been alien sure, could they be some kind of military experiment absolutely. Meteorological phenomenon maybe. I will wait to see.

Stick":izmbevtx said:
It has been suggested that, as a crude approximation, there are as many stars in the universe as there are grains of sand on our planet.  If each of these stars has just 2 planets in its system, well, that's a lot of planets.  It would be pretty naive to think we were the only planet capable of sustaining intelligent life, and perhaps even more naive to think that we're the more intelligent...  
I very much agree.  But what I can't come to terms with is all the hiding, sneaking about, and abductions.  Why not just drop in and say hello?  As for intelligence, I've yet to hear of an alien carrying a pipe :)
Mike.